Reviewed KH-Flare

Discussion in 'Community Reviews' started by Amaury, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+345
  2. Optic

Optic Enthusiast

+54
    So out of curiosity AmauryAmaury, is there a revamp in progress? New theme in progress? :)

3. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+345
    KH-Flare 2016 will be released on our anniversary on August 30.

4. Optic

Optic Enthusiast

+54
    On another note, as a small KH fan - where's all the content on the new and upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS4 ? Or the HD remasters? :unsure:

The lack of activity is probably due to there being no recent Kingdom Hearts discussion going on other than off topic threads from what I can see.

Hope it doesn't sound harsh, but this is very likely why new members aren't joining. There's not much to see at that moment when you compare it to all the upcoming KH releases..

5. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+345
    We regret to announce that KH-Flare will be shutting down around the end of day—probably around 11:30 PM (PT)—on September 30, 2017. The decision stems from the fact that we literally have no activity, and if there isn't going to be any activity, then the costs of the running the site are not justified. Truth be told, this is a decision that should have been made a long time ago, perhaps even before we made the move from vBulletin to XenForo on January 1, 2014, though back then, we at least had some activity. However, even that wasn't a lot of activity. Earlier in the vBulletin days, we did at least have a few members being active, but that eventually changed, even long before we changed the forum software. Currently, it's really only me and one of our moderators who are regularly online, and even I this year so far have had frequent periods of not being online for a while. Posting-wise, it's just me posting that a new XenForo version has been released or whatever. We did get one new member a while ago who said hello and the like, but that's still not enough to justify the costs. As NightsNights is the one who takes care of most of the costs, he can't really afford the costs, though if the site were more active, he wouldn't mind as much and would make it work somehow.

Thank you for your understanding.

6. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+44
    seems like its already closed to me..

7. doubt

doubt Fanatic

+1,557
    Expiration Date: 2017-06-02

8. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+345
    Our domain expired and needs to be renewed, though our owner doesn't remember the login information and is trying to figure something out.

9. doubt

doubt Fanatic

+1,557
    Can he figure out his email address?

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  10. ozzy47

ozzy47 Moderator

+4,257
    Well it may be a good time to close it earlier than expected then. I don't see a reason to renew the domain for a year, then close it three months later.

11. Amaury

Amaury Habitué

+345
    Except it wouldn't be fair to the users we do have, which are, admittedly, like, two, who visit from time to time as we have no way of notifying them. It only costs $17 to renew, and we want to release our KH-Flare 2016 style, which will be re-dubbed KH-Flare 2017, to go out with a bang and because I and another fellow administrator had been working on it for over a year, and Nights got too busy with life to do the graphics, so it was never released on our anniversary last year on August 30.

12. doubt

doubt Fanatic

+1,557
    Don't they have a valid email address ?

13. Optic

Optic Enthusiast

+54
    That mistake will be very costly :unsure:

Looks like Bluehost domains charge an extra $70 USD + the renewal amount to get it out of redemption:
    https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/domains-faq#redemption

How did it expire in the first place? He should have been getting a flood of renewal reminders via email.

14. ozzy47

ozzy47 Moderator

+4,257
    Appears to me they may have 31 days from expiring to pay it off at the original cost.

15. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+44
    lol this is kinda funny.

you are closing the site in Sept.
    it currently doesnt work anyway
    you only have 2 members anyway
    and they dont visit very often.

Why oh why bother.. seriously just kill it already.

16. ozzy47

ozzy47 Moderator

+4,257
    Although it don't sound pretty, I have to agree.

17. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated ass-hat

+2,792
    Little voice in back of mind repeating "we may want to open it again later but if domain is lost, we can't afford the large price that will probably be attached to get it back" over and over.
    I'm in the same position with a domain I have. Just let it lapse (still have a few weeks grace period to renew it) and am still debating if I want it or not. It's an alternative domain name to an existing one that I have. It's only $8.99, but I don't have the main site active for anything other than mail.

18. Adlet

Adlet Aspirant

+15
    Well, I 'might' be able to help out. Is your goal really to close it down for good?

Edit: o, email problems, gg. ;-;