Keeping up with SEO

Discussion in 'Forum SEO' started by minstrel, Oct 31, 2007.

1. alocalseo

alocalseo Participant

+0
    You have provided some very useful reference material here that should be useful to many. It is actually one of the better posts that I have read about SEO in a long time. Yes, SEO is never a one and done proposition.

2. jimmywhite

jimmywhite Aspirant

+0
    thanks a lot for these links,appreciated!

3. alocalseo

alocalseo Participant

+0
    With the recent change to the Google algorithm things are changing in the SEO field. Everyone who pays attention should begin to notice improvements to search in the near future.

4. alocalseo

alocalseo Participant

+0
    Content Is not The King Of SEO

I for have been tired of hearing this phrase parroted over the years. Content Is The King Of SEO."

The fact is Google's algorithm can not identify quality content. Thus it is not the king of SEO.

SEO is about getting your website properly indexed for your targeted keyword phrases. It also includes things like speed and link building.

It is also true that fresh content will help in high rankings but the content can still be lousy and it will work.

Now, if you want conversions from your website you will want to have good content. But your idea of quality and mine could be miles apart.

I prefer content that sells by using a sales funnel... But when the day is done if your website is properly indexed you will still rank well good content or otherwise.

5. Praveer

Praveer Participant

+0
  6. ellehc

ellehc Aspirant

+0
    Content is a big factor for getting site traffic.

7. JeanMc

JeanMc Aspirant

+0
    Sitepoint and Seomoz are my favourite resources, however I also always read Matt Cutts blog with a great interest.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  8. ericpepin

ericpepin Neophyte

+0
    Thank you Minstrel you have given some quality knowledge here. You have really good SEO knowledge. Can you tell me how can u get my websites on top of Google searches what steps you suggest i should carry out, can i do lead generation through simple SEO or there is something else for generate lead. Thanks in advance

9. oliviasmith

oliviasmith Neophyte

+0
    Content and the design of the website matters a lot. Thanks a lot for such informative post.

10. jackregan

jackregan Aspirant

+0
    Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but I think that SEO for Dummies by Peter Kent is really good. It triples the traffic to my site in about 8 months...

11. Jommy

Jommy Neophyte

+0
    Looks like I have some reading to do with all that links.
    Thanks

12. genesis1

genesis1 Neophyte

+0
    I have VBSEO installed, has that Google panda update affected anyones rankings?

13. minstrel

minstrel Tazmanian Veteran

+105
    Unless your forum is just a bunch of aggregator RSS feeds, or your backlinks are predominantly from article directories, it's not likely that Panda will affect you much.

14. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+123
    You shouldn't have a problem - unless you have duplicate content on your community from other forums. If your content is unique, then you won't have any issues.

15. MrManQ

MrManQ Participant

+1
    The one thing that is consistant amongst all the SEO sites out there is that plenty of good, honest, valuable content and obtianing links using a natural marketing mix.

Always take advice from "SEO gurus" with a huge pinch of salt (and a little taquilla :jiggy: ) - and if you come across anyone who claims they can guarantee top spot - ignroe them.

Ignore the google toolbar other than to see if Google has smacked your bottom over something and avoid duplicate content like the plague.

SEOBook & SEOChat & SEOMoz are good sites, but never EVER only use one single source of advice as gospal.

Don't pay for thousands of links - smack bum time.

Great post and I've also not seen all of those sites.

J

• Like Like x 1
  16. SaraA

SaraA Aspirant

+0
    You added the seomoz blog, but their Q&A section is fantastic. SEOmoz is the #1 SEO site in the world in terms of traffic. A lot of great, friendly people there too.

www.seomoz.org/q

17. miketito

miketito Neophyte

+0
    The search engine optimization is help us the high page rank of the web site and also my websites page rank is 9. and also it is powered by phpbb. and also it help many ways for the website.

18. pustiuady

pustiuady Neophyte

+0
    very good this informations

19. onlydesigned

onlydesigned Aspirant

+0
    Great Resources for google SEO, thanks you!

20. JayWessman

JayWessman Aspirant

+1