Kaspersky now offering a FREE version of their anti-virus

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Maddox, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+535
  2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,304
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,443
    Sorry to say but anti-US sentiment seems to be in vogue with those see the USA as the blame of everything. Their own country's problems are always the USA's fault, not their own.

4. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS Developer

+311
    we_are_borgwe_are_borg mysiteguymysiteguy

Don't waste your valueable time and energy with politician games. Enjoy your life to maximum and let all those liars alone.

5. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,304
    Why would it be US fault what goes wrong in my country and that is also not what i mean. Look at Hillary Clinton she lost from Thrump and its everyones fault including from the Russians that did something. Like i said if something goes wrong in the US its conspiricy time instead of looking at there own faults like you should do straight away before blaming others. Now its Kaspersky that they think its in the pocket of the Russians. But everyone in the US seems have to forget the NSA with altering hardware.

6. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+312
    WOW that is AWESOME, I LOVE Kaspersky I am going to uninstall this junk Comcast Norton and install Kaspersky!

7. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,443
    I was actually making a statement about other countries to show a point, not to show it's what I believe. Apparently, the point flew past you. Its rather prejudice and biased to label an entire country's people based on spoon fed media and a few politicians.

What if I labeled all of England's people for opponents claiming the Tories stole the EU Brexit vote and claiming the vote is illegal, people blaming MI5 agents saying they tried to discredit Scottish independence, the British cabinet member allegations that Russian hackers swayed the Brexit vote, etc? Or all of France's people by the French documentary about the CIA creating AIDs, the terrorism conspiracy theories in the schools, the blame games thrown about after terrorist attacks, etc. Or labeling the entire German people because of moral atrocities of the Nazi regime, their Social Democratic party saying Russia is going to hack their elections, etc. Or labeling all of Europe for the various politicians around Europe blaming Brexit for various problems? Or Greece blaming Germany for it's problems? Or all of Europe for the individuals in the EU Commission who blame Russia propaganda for swaying EU elections, news and values?

None of those would be fair judgements and do not reflect the reality of those countries and their people. Just as your sweeping generalizations do not reflect the reality of the USA, nor it's people.

8. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+972
    “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...y-cyber-russia-spy-agency-20170703-story.html

9. eva2000

eva2000 Habitué

+650
    wow this thread kind of blow up since I posted this links :)

indeed

10. H-DB

H-DB Participant

+62
    As an Admin I would never use free antivirus or malware tools. I have a responsibility to have a clean computer since I am loading files to my server and website.

11. lordi

lordi Adherent

+26
    I prefer this product also, I use it and couple weeks ago got free license for Internet Security Suite from some promo site
    nice product :tup:

12. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Senior Citizen

+468
    The USA, my country, has plenty wrong with it. But that doesn't mean Russian leaders don't have the power to influence or even force Kapersky developers to bring harm or subterfuge upon users of their software. The potential is real. It doesn't mean the US is faultless and it doesn't mean the Russian people are all bad.

We all have that responsibility, but that doesn't mean that software you have to pay for is always better than free software. Sometimes that isn't true at all.

I will never use (and never have used) Kapersky software because, as a member of the baby boomer generation, I believe the Russian leaders and military are my enemy. I might be wrong, but in this particular case, I'd rather feel safe using another product than use theirs. I am unwilling to see any other point of view.

13. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,304
    Not all people are bad thats correct. What i do notice is the following can you remember the NSA altering servers and internet equipment with some of there own code that story lasted for a few weeks and it was over not only in the US but also in Europe. After that we got the Chinees with Huawei and saying in the lines what the NSA did, after a few week that story was gone also. Now Russia its been 14 to 16 months in the news Russia is doing this and that altering elections etc atm they get blamed for everything it seems even companies in that country aren't save anymore. Its like US is out to blame Russia for everything the problem is that Politicians are blaming everyone and the normal people will pay the price for all of this.

14. Jim McClain

+468
    I remember all of that, but it has nothing at all to do with whether or not it is safe to use Kapersky software. I say the potential for danger is there, so I will not use it. If you feel the same about US developed software, you should do the same.

What part of this didn't you understand:

15. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,304
    Why write it if your not willing to discuss the topic, would have been better to write nothing at all. Your on a forum so people will discuss it.

16. Maddox

Maddox Moderator

+535
    There is a lot of paranoia settling like dust over the claims that Kaspersky software is unsafe. However, Kaspersky himself has agreed to hand over the source code of his software to the US Government for examination - see here >>>> https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2012680-kaspersky-turns-over-source-code-to-us-gov-t

I'm not sure that is a good thing as it opens opportunities for abuse and possible manipulation. According to Kaspersky's website they are protecting over 400 million users, if the claims are true about the Russian government using this software to collect information, then they are going to have a lot of crap to sift through lol.

I'm currently trialling Kaspersky's Cloud Protection, and it seems to be behaving fine - no reds under the bed ;)

17. Lisa

Lisa The Black Widow

+8,202
    Wow... well.. wow.

When I opened the thread thinking I was going to read about a free AV, I didn't expect to find myself back in the Cold War :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Jim McClain

+468
    Because I'm allowed to write my opinion. You are too, but I warned you I wasn't going to have my mind changed. Yet you used your previous post to debate me. Debate someone else, not me.

19. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,304
    Like i said if you do not want to debate dont post in a forum by some fluke in history a forum is where you debate. It also does not mean in a debate that a agree with some one.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted