Is there a way to check past traffic from forwarded domains?

Discussion in 'Finance and Traffic' started by haqzore, Dec 2, 2019 at 4:53 PM.

1. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,256
    Example:
    • Main site is ABC.com
    • I have ABC.net and ABC.org forwarded to ABC.com
    Is there a way to see what traffic has hit the .net/.org forwarded domains?

I registered some URLs for one of my sites & have had them forwarded for the past year. They're up for renewal & I want to see if they've served any purpose.

I've seen guides on ways to setup Google Analytics/etc - but I didn't do that a year ago.

Is there any way for me to pull this data? Maybe some way to tell in Google Analytics?

2. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,176
    Do you have domain forwarding turned on at your register or are you doing it by other means like .htaccess? I figure that would matter.

here is an example of how referrals look on google analytics, i can even break them down to what page they came from, what browser they are using and more information like age, gender and other sites they are likely to visit.

Google is King

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 7.26.23 PM.png

of course this is just "referrals" other types are separate...

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 7.30.08 PM.png

3. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,256
    It's at the registrar.

I've looked at referrals in Google Analytics and don't see any mention of the domains at all... I'm just not sure if that means nobody is going to them or something else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.