Question Is there a ghost here?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Danielx64, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    I think your missing the point. I'm trying to change "my own" preferences for when I get an alert from a member that I am following.

So let take Erin Nicole as an example. Let say that she has her profile set so that only people who she follows can see it. Now I'm following her and I want to change my preferences as to when I get an alert from Erin. I'm unable to do that. That is a major design flow.

If someone have me in their ignore list, does that stop me from going into that person topic? No. Does it stop me from replying that that person's topic? No. Does it stop me from seeing any of their posts? No.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,192
    The designed part is that you can't set it so you get an alert when Erin replies, I think it takes that into account when you start following a user with their privacy settings set to "People You Follow Only". In other words, if Erin isn't following you, you cannot set it so you get an alert when Erin replies to a thread, unless you also watch that thread.

With that said, have you ever gotten an alert for when Erin replies to a thread you ARE NOT watching?

3. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    I can't remember if I did after she locked her profile down, and I went back to my alert history to check and it doesn't go far enough. And no i'm not following her now as I needed to do what Morganna needed.

4. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    Ok so I cleared the boxes for what I been alerted on and it just happened again. The latest alert that I got was from a topic that I am following and I am not following the member who I got the alert from.

Also adding to this, a topic that I was following was deleted as well (I clicked on the link in the email and found that I didn't have permission to see it).

5. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    It's early, I'm still on my first coffee - can you throw up some screenshots :)

6. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,192
    This sounds right to me. What do you see wrong with that?

7. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    The problem is that I was told that there were two alerts but only one showed up.

Morganna, I was on my phone at the time so I couldn't. With that said I will take two pictures in the morning, one showing how many alerts I got and the other showing the alerts.

8. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    Well it seems that you have found the problem addon Morganna, for the last 3 days I haven't have a single ghost show up. So yeah that addon may well be buggy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.