Is paid advertising on social media important for business?

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by Ronish Baxter, Nov 1, 2018.

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ronish Baxter

Ronish Baxter Aspirant

+3
    I want to know about paid advertising on social media.

2. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+156
    I would vote: It depends.
    I have a page for my forum on FB and have occasionally paid to bump a post I felt was truly worth of bumping. Most of my news feed there are aticles from the health community that has to do with our niche. But I don't bump many. So yes and no.

3. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,927
    For a forum? Maybe, maybe not...

For a business? Heck yeah! I've been experimenting with low risk paid advertising on Instagram. My usually non-promoting Instagram posts consist of the image(s) or videos with the first comment being my 30 allowed relevant but trending tags (keywords). Usually within a 24 hour period, I'll get anywhere from 30 to 100+ likes and more than 10-20 new followers.

I'll purchase a promotion for under $20, and in 24 hours, everything is usually triple my usual stats. Social media platforms survive by getting paid for ads so you know they are going to give the paid posts more leverage over others. The algorithm they create is going to ensure they make money.

If I link to something externally on Facebook these days, it doesn't get much attention because they want everyone to stay on Facebook. If I promote it, it does a lot better.

4. Ronish Baxter

Ronish Baxter Aspirant

+3
    So, It is good to do paid advertisement. Just to bump our Business. Do we get enough leads by these advertisement?

5. Ronish Baxter

Ronish Baxter Aspirant

+3
    So, It is good to do paid advertisement. Just to bump our Business. Do we get enough or real leads by these advertisement?

6. southernlady

southernlady Coder/Designer

+156
    As I said, it depends.

Many of the pages I follow are of interest to me, either because I've done business with them or are interested in them. Paid doesn't change that.

On my page, it's not for leads, it's for eyeballs. IF I do a paid post to boost it, I feel that I get enough eyeballs on that post and MIGHT lead to more forum members.
    But then again, in many of my niche FB groups, I'm able to link articles of interest from my forum to a particular post.

I think I've done a page boost once a year at most...but of very needed articles to get out to the niche community.

7. martin smith

martin smith Aspirant

+3
    Yes, it is good paid advertisement on social media and it depends on the type of business we are advertising...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.