Is hashtags becoming the next keywords

Discussion in 'Finance and Traffic' started by arabicpoint, Jun 14, 2016.

1. arabicpoint

arabicpoint Participant

+3
    Hi,

I`m wondering is hashtags becoming the next keyword for search engine. I started to think that keywords started to be less poplar and less effect compared to hashtags.

What you think?

2. Empire

Empire Devotee

+506
    For twitter and stuff yes. Not sure if it's ranked nicely on forums.

3. arabicpoint

arabicpoint Participant

+3
    I feel that hashtags toke the flow of keywords, that I need to use too many keywords for the site since it become less effect or i\I don`t know..

4. Sarah Worthylake

Sarah Worthylake Aspirant

+9
    I'm not a fan of hashtags at all, since most people don't realize their actual purpose. But that's why I'm not on twitter, and try to avoid the hashtag abusers on facebook :) As for you question though, on social media sites, I think hashtags are definitely better than keywords. Maybe you feel keywords are less effective because everyone is getting better at using keywords?

5. arabicpoint

arabicpoint Participant

+3
    Maybe, the content in my language is not easy to find keywords for or too much to find the right keyword for it.

6. palhanow

palhanow Enthusiast

+114
    Well, in my case, first political forum in Brazil,

I need to use hashtags. Why? Brazilian people enjoy some social networks and then, put dead before some time. But #hashtags is a easy thing to remember their purpose. Brazilian people loves hashtags. I dont, but... Its a Forum, not my little country.

I use #hashtags in the Prefix option in Threads (MyBB 1.8.x) to easily filter the subject.

Brazilian people don't know much about forums. It's a new thing here and i must make my Forum friendly for everyone.

7. arabicpoint

arabicpoint Participant

+3
    I figured it out that keywords meant for websites and webmasters while hashtags can be used for big enterpriseed promotions in media advertising.

We webmasters can use hashtags to promote in social media like Facebook and twitter i don`t know if can work other way around with media advertising.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.