IPS Users By App - When Forums Are Not #1

Discussion in 'IPS' started by fixer, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+583
    From what I hear, Pages is not only the second best selling app in the suite but on par with forum purchases.

2. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+709
    I am not a fan of the name “Pages” i think it should be part of an “IPS Professional” upgrade that should include commerce.

“Pages” does not come close to represent what the application does, its like the old days with vb advanced it takes the site to a whole other level

3. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+583
    It really is a miltifunctional app that provides the biggest extensibility for the entire suite. I've explained it before but it's actually four separate apps bundled together to grow your community from a forum discussion to a content powerhouse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  4. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+709
    Agreed! I see it much like a "Developers Tool Box" IPS provided tools to allow endless customization then sit back and watched to see what people would do with it.

What that has done is pretty much deregulated what a forum is or can be and empowered the site owners to choose their own destiny and in turn, the forum landscape has been changed forever.

5. truthingtotruth

truthingtotruth Aspirant

+11
    I really don't want to cause anger to arise, but I have a default brain problem where I would have to ask how tightly any information such as what a given member searched for would be controlled?

Or is it that the data on individual accounts would not be part of the files you'd be saving?

If nobody is referring to information about individual accounts, then my brain eases up. Sorry. But I didn't notice anyone making a mention of the idea of individual accounts. Or I missed it.

And if we step beyond information related to individual accounts we then get into IP addresses of guests and whether a discussion of saving what a given IP address does is appropriate?

Once again, I am not purposely trying to upset anyone. I have to make that statement because I am always doing just that --- making people upset.

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+1,921
    Why would you anger some one with a valid question. The username is not important in this case what is important is what did they search and what topics did they goto. With that information you know what topics are important to people and why they read it, this way you can make sure you get more relevant information in those topics or write articles about it. So username or ip address is not even needed so privacy is not an issue.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  7. truthingtotruth

truthingtotruth Aspirant

+11
    I am happy to read that and I suspect that is an industry standard --- I hope. But I don't think it hurts to make sure. Thank you.

8. DrCornFlakes

DrCornFlakes Aspirant

+33
    Does that graph count registered users, unregistered users, bots, or all of them?

9. Morrigan

Morrigan I put the Cute in Exe"cute".

+62
    All of them.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.