IPS File/Image attachment

ibaker

Enthusiast
One thing I very much like about Xenforo is the way they have done their Image/File attachment to posts. You have a very graphically pleasing attachment process and then the ability to add the attachment as a thumbnail or full size. If the user chooses full size the software also has the setting to limit the full size in both file size and pixel size...a very good and easy to use system.

IPS on the other hand is, to me at least, a very clunky system that is not easy to setup, use, graphically pleasing to the users and controlled...but as I said, to me at least. There is also the way IPS handles the inserting of videos in posts, I am also unsure the best way to do this.

What I would like to know from other Admins is how have you set up your attachment use in IPS? What settings have you used? How have you configured things to get the best user experience in both images and videos? Do you use and recommend any specific addon/plugin that may help.

I have always had comments on how easy it was for the user to add an attachment to a post and get the best looking outcome in XF but had several comments on how bad the IPS attachment system was which I would like to try and fix for my users...your comments are appreciated.

Joel R

Habitué
1. Double click on the image attachment once you've added it to the post. You can resize, align, etc. It's a more modern and flexible editor experience with Ckeditor.

2. You set an embed width setting in the ACP.