IPS 4.4 Released (Beta)

Discussion in 'Invision Community' started by we_are_borg, Jan 30, 2019.

1. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,083
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
    Quick, Chris DChris D, release XF2.2 so you can one up them!

Maybe we can squeeze two or three more releases from each company before midnight as they battle to get the most advanced features to market before the other one and have the last say!

Tis a good day for communities everywhere. This evening there will so many admins, tucked up in a cosy corner, installing and tweaking away at their installs with glee.

[​IMG]

3. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+1,160
    XF has a way to go before feature parity with IPS, but I do look forward to it.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,727
    I'm only pointing it out to avoid misleading people / getting their hopes up: They released a beta today. The posts in this thread imply that it might be a stable release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
    Good point, I didn’t realise that from the showcase summary and only scanned the full article to see the features.

Still, seems like a lot of forum devs, no matter what company they represent for have hit some great milestones today, which is pretty cool and great for everyone doing their best to build communities online.

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,727
    Absolutely. It's almost as if there's still a market for forum software, despite all the doom and gloom that suggests there isn't :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  7. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
  8. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,076
    Does XF need to have feature parity with IPS to continue being successful? Does not seem so. I’m not trying to start another forum software debate but it does seem these type of comments get thrown around without any real substance (or stats showing what forum admins want).

9. we_are_borg

+2,083
    You will always have overlapping of features but no there does have to be parity 100%. Else it would be the same software and no diversity.

10. we_are_borg

+2,083
    Yes forgot Beta in the topic title corrected that mistake.

11. Oldsmoboi

Oldsmoboi Fan

+262
    Anyone on the Beta yet? I'm holding off until the skin I'm using gets upgraded as this update apparently breaks all skins (again)

12. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,818
    We're gonna wait until it's not a beta to push through 4.4. :)

13. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+960
    I upgraded my php to prep but will wait for gold before updating.

14. Oldsmoboi

Oldsmoboi Fan

+262
    I used to run Beta versions when I was on the stock skin.

15. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
    upload_2019-1-31_0-29-56.png

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. Oldsmoboi

Oldsmoboi Fan

+262
    Yeah, it would be nice, but it won't be coming. I just want it so I can show up in the "You may also like" results when someone downloads MotorTrend

17. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,818
    We're hosted by IPS and so I've had to hack the templates all over the place to get things to behave like the community wants. As a result these upgrades are a lot of "fun" for me. :(

18. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+960
    I have complete confidence IPS will deliver with world class first party support for everything a forum owner will ever need.

Setting up your site in a way that its lifeblood is dependant on unstable, fly by night addons from criminals and third world natives is begging for disaster.

As a forum owner, I have a responsibility to my members that I take very seriously and I will supply the most stable, secure and viable platform possible.

19. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+903
    Lord help them then if you're the admin of their platform ;)

20. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+960
    I know how to run a respectful, successful team who puts the members first been doing it for over 10 years and have built and structured many thriving communities.

I'll change the world by being myself. The new breed of admins wants to open a community and complain about why there is no traffic, they should make a facebook group. A community is more than a forum its a network of tools and resources to further the subject matter.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.