iPhone 7 & Apple Watch 2

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Steve, Sep 6, 2016.

1. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47

He gets it down to 40ft I believe.

2. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    My bad, here is the video:

3. OUTL4W

OUTL4W <style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p

+247
    Thanks, Good to know, I was just stating what apple stated on the so called depth limitations.

4. ncbetz

ncbetz Enthusiast

+47
    Yeah, I guess they just wanted to be VERY safe legally.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
    Well since AT&T are doing these deals with the iPhones I decided to do an upgrade. Although not a huge change over the iPhone 6 the 3D touch and water resistance kind of changed my mind of getting a new one. I had to order so it will be like a month before I get it though, iPhone 7 Plus (black). :p

6. BioWarfare

BioWarfare The uphill battle

+138
    Did you get sucked into a contract?

ablogs_images.forbes.com_geoffreymorrison_files_2015_04_Sprint_logo.jpg

7. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
    You get what you pay for, I can't afford to miss things like I did when I had Sprint. I'm not worried about a contract, I've been with them for a long time and don't plan on leaving.

8. BioWarfare

BioWarfare The uphill battle

+138
    I was just joking. I believe I heard, "[...] sucked into a contract [...]" from a Sprint commercial referring to customers of other carriers.

I have Sprint and it's very cheap and reliable. ~$62 after taxes for unlimited data, even though I only use about 4 gb each month.

I hope you enjoy your iPhone 7 though! I'll probably upgrade my SE once the iPhone 9 is released.

9. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,458
    Same here and they didn't offer me anything as far as a deal, except to finance the i7. pass

10. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
    Expired now but: http://about.att.com/newsroom/three_days_to_trade_in_for_iphone_7.html

You got like a $21.67 credit each month toward your bill for trading in an iPhone 6/s/plus for a iPhone 7 32GB ($0) on a Next contract. So I ended up at $14.58/month for a iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. Our other line ended up at like $9/month.

11. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,458
    Exactly - I have a 5, not a 6.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  12. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,487
    I finally got around to buying the SE today but I did take a look at the new 7 dressed up in shiny black erm... plastic? That's what it looked like to me, a cheap plastic phone. Aside from that there's a 2 month+ waiting list for it here. Not thanks, the SE at nearly half the price will do me just fine.

13. H-DB

H-DB Enthusiast

+88
    IMO the SE is the perfect device. Small to pocket carry and has all the speedy CPUs of the current generation Apple offerings. I have had mine for a couple of months and have no regrets. Enjoy yours.

14. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,594
    Nope, I prefer something like this

bose.jpg

15. Tracy Perry

+3,594
    I went ahead and got myself a new 256GB 7 on release day. Wanted the jet black but they brought out the matte black and set it up. I didn't really pay attention as it was put in the case by them before I even got my grubby paws on it. Caught the matte black after I got home - but on thinking about it further I decided I'd keep it as all reports on jet black indicate is it a micro-scratch magnet.
    The main reason I got it was also due to the IP67 rating of it. Since I ride a motorcycle frequently and also get caught in the rain I like the fact I don't have to worry about it so much now.

I wont be grabbing a Watch 2, as the original I have does everything I need it to.

I also have a 7+ on order for my wife but it wont' be in until the middle of October.

16. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
  17. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,487
    They certainly put a lot of effort into the finish. It still looked like plastic to me although to be fair the only one I've seen was a rather battered looking display model. It must be rather popular or in very short supply because there's a huge waiting list for it in the UK.

I did consider buying the normal black version but the SE won the day on size and to some extent price. It's certainly a massive upgrade over my previous phone the iPhone 4 :eek:

18. Johnny101

Johnny101 Participant

+52
    I don't feel there is enough new features of the iPhone 7 to make me switch from my 6s.

19. Tracy Perry

+3,594
    For a 6s, it's not a major improvement unless you need the IP67 rating. For a 6 (which is what I had) it's enough that it was worthwhile for me.

20. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,191
    Finally got my 7 Plus last Monday so I've had it a week today. Really glad I went with the plus and did the upgrade from the iPhone 6. The photo effects (live photo) are really cool and now the new portrait mode that is in iOS 10.1.0 makes for some neat pics!

Also got a pair of these in today. Great sounding ear buds and clear conversations when talking to someone else on the other end, surprised me considering the price of them but overall happy so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.