iPhone 7 & Apple Watch 2

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by Steve, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,183
    Surprised no one has mentioned the new devices coming from Apple this month. I guess it goes to show how things kind of wear off over time and how the hype isn't all it use to be.

iPhone 7+ is supposed to have dual cameras and a small design change (thinner). iPhone 7 isn't rumored to have the dual camera setup but it is sort of up in the air still. Both phones are said to have a 2 new colors although at a limited supplies. The new iPhone's are also supposed to be more water resistant than previous models, probably the reason for removing the headphone jack possibly.

Apple Watch 2, not a huge change other than more battery life (larger battery), thinner design with better water resistance.

I am probably going to skip this series of iPhone's and wait for the iPhone 8, but I am interested in the new watches :)

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,800
    I like my iPhone 6+.
    I bought the 128 Gig outright and spent a boatload on it ... So I'll need something killer to bother changing :)

3. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,183
    I was thinking about getting the iPhone 6+ plus but settled for the 6. I tend to carry my phone in my front pocket so I'm not sure how that would be with the 6+ (7+).

Edit: Oh and I got the 64GB version for the wife and I, nothing like transferring 12,000 pictures from her phone when she can't take anymore :confused:

4. BeyBrad

BeyBrad Adherent

+124
    I'm still using an iPhone 5! There's a bit of slowdown when opening or switching apps but overall I am pretty impressed with how it's held up. The 3GS it replaced was unusable.

That said, I'm excited to see what they have in store. (But I really just want the iPhone SE.)

5. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,060
    Same here.
    My 6+ working well.
    When they include things what I would like to have in it then maybe I'll be interested to get one.
    Water resistance? I don't swim with it.
    Dual cameras? No thank you. When it'll be possible to zoom with them, maybe.
    Thinner? The 6+ is thin enough. I keep it in a protective case which makes it thicker.
    Any words about dual SIM cards? Not a word.

6. lordi

lordi Adherent

+28
    dual sim too, right?

7. H-DB

H-DB Enthusiast

+88
    Just got a iPhone SE this summer. Small like the 5 but fast like the 6 and 6+. I am all set for years to come with the SE.

8. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,440
    I'm about to buy an SE but I'll wait just to be sure the 7 isn't be a better bet. Based on what I've read so far, I don't think it will be.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,183
    If you need storage and larger screen size then 6/7 would be worth a look.

I couldn't even consider going smaller after using the iPhone 6.

10. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,440
    I like small, a phone I can keep in my pocket. My iPhone 4 :eek: is an ideal size so an SE is a major upgrade in terms of size and well... just about everything else imaginable :D

11. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,456
    I made my wife delete them all and start over. :) Now they are all on her laptop and her phone is empty.

12. Joeychgo

+3,456
    I have the 5 and I feel the same way. I also havent been able to justify the outrageous expense to myself. What in the world can they offer me that would cause me to want to spend $1600+ to get 2 new phones? Once the 7 comes out -- MAYBE I'll buy a few refurbished 6s for a few hundred a piece..

13. Empire

Empire Devotee

+506
    If I dip iPhone 7 in a pool and take it out, will it still work?

14. Joeychgo

+3,456
    Supposedly.

15. OUTL4W

OUTL4W <style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p

+247
    Just upgraded to 6s+ after 6+ took a poop. (Infinite boot loop) and I believe the 7 only comes in 32gb and above. No longer offer the 16gb versions? I might be interested in upgrading if/when they offer expandable memory. But if up to Apple it'll be with proprietary memory cards.

16. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,440
    Yes, the pool will still work.

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Steve

Steve Administrator

+3,183
    Yes the rumors mention 32GB and up. Currently have the 64GB and glad I have that. Entry price will remain the same as it would if it was a 16GB though.

18. OUTL4W

OUTL4W <style>OUTL4W GFX</style> :p

+247
    To be more exact it's actually only waterproof up to 1meter for 30min. So it's ok if you jump into a kiddie pool.

19. doubt

doubt Tazmanian

+2,060
    That's strange...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.