invision free

Discussion in 'Free Hosted Forums' started by IPBS, Nov 5, 2013.

1. IPBS

IPBS Aspirant

+1
    i love IPB software. i want to start my forum with IPB but i have no money right now. so i just serched free ipb software hosting and i got invision free site i need my forum's database in future. i will move to 4.0. my main question is if allow me to access my forums database ? and i also hard that taz was hosted on if. than how can u guys moved to Vb3.8 ?

2. meetdilip

meetdilip Tazmanian Master

+733
    When I last checked, they were offering a very old version of IPB. As I remember from a previous discussion, TAZ was hosted on own hosting since beginning.

3. IPBS

IPBS Aspirant

+1
    i know they are offering 1.3. i am okay with that. but they will allow me to move ? or give me database ? for free ?

4. meetdilip

+733
    I don't know anyone who has shifted their database recently. May be GoGoblender can answer this well. But we can assume if such a thing exists, it will be certainly not for free.

5. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+508
    We started with invisionfree
    They let us buy the Dbase from them after a few months
    Not sure if they still offer this service though
    Aren't they Zetaboards now as well?

:)

gogo

6. Darth_Apple

Darth_Apple Adherent

+24
    If I remember correctly, Jcink.com allows you to export your databases free of charge. If they still offer those services, I would recommend just using them instead of invisionfree.

I would check to make sure the service is still offered though.

7. meetdilip

+733
    Yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.