Introducing... Tapatalk! (Mobile App)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by SageStone, Jan 3, 2012.

1. YouDontSay

YouDontSay Aspirant

+0
    I'm liking the mobile site y'all!

2. WebInk

WebInk Enthusiast

+0
    Awesome update! I love Tapatalk! :)

3. Scrubs

Scrubs I STILL Blame EdenRat

+22
    It appears that when people are viewing the site via Tapatalk it says that they're viewing this thread. I've checked numerous times on the many different days and it still says this is all they're doing.

4. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+2,429
    Thanks to everyone using TapaTalk to access TAZ while mobile. So far it seems to be working out well. :)

Nah, it says they're viewing TAZ via TapaTalk regardless of what they are actually viewing.

5. 01Aaron

01Aaron Aspirant

+1
    I think I will start to use it.
    Thank you for introducing this. :)

6. GeeOne

GeeOne Offwalker!

+5
    Can not see the online section.

What is to set to see it?

G!

7. maksim

maksim Serial Entrepreneur

+22
    I just installed tapatalk on my forum after 2 years of avoiding it. Finally members bugged the crap out of me to install and glad I did. Purchased the app for my android too.

It is far and above better than any mobile skin.

8. GeeOne

GeeOne Offwalker!

+5
  9. The Sandman

+2,429
    I've updated Tapatalk to the latest version. Let me know if there are any issues or comments. :)

10. AshWM

AshWM Aspirant

+0
    Good job Sandman :D

11. titanya

titanya Aspirant

+2
    Tapatalk is a great addition to forums, however I have one issue with it. If we are, as forum admins, promoting Tapatalk 3rd party software which is then boosting the Tapatalk app sales by the fact that we install it on our forums, then it really should be available in Pro version to the Admins and mods for free.

I think more forum admins would install it if this was the case, as currently you are competing with the VB Mobile Suite and the mobile styles too, which are free for members to use. I'm sure it will boost your forum database if you thought about this.

Just an addition to my original comments : I am not after a freebie, I've already bought Tapatalk for my iPhone. I just thought I'd give the suggestion, as it makes sense marketing-wise to me. The only forum I find on Tepatalk that interests me is my own. I would love there to be many others and I think more admins would make use of Tapatalk if it was free to them.

Glad to hear I can get this one on it now though :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathFortress

DeathFortress Participant

+1
  13. The Sandman

+2,429
    Updated to the latest version. How's it working? :)

14. PoetJC

PoetJC [* Jacq Of All Trades *]

+2,735
    Working fine. I've only been using Tapatalk for about a week and a half. Hell - I've only had a smartphone since Christmas lol. I love Tapatalk = thanks for the option.

Sent from my Galaxy Proclaim using Tapatalk 2

15. Wasp

Wasp Recruit

+21
    Tapatalk can be very useful.. however be sure not to save anything in the Signature as it will adhere to your posts-without your knowledge.

16. Dyonis

Dyonis Real Sugar Certified

+6
    If indeed Tapatalk becomes the way of Mobile in the future, I'll consider it.

17. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Bayerische Motoren Werke

+180
    You had first-hand knowledge of that when you joined here, remember? :p :unhunh:

18. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Enthusiast

+25
    Tapatalk is pretty decent, but there are still a lot of unresolved issues between the tapatalk devs and the vB devs. I'm not sure tapatalk will ever "follow the rules" and play nice with VBulletin.

19. esquire

esquire Habitué

+442
    Tapatalk is the best mobile client for forums by far. I've had no problems with it and Tapatalk is responsible for a huge amount of mobile traffic coming to my site. My users come return regularly to my site using Tapatalk so I don't know what issues you're having. Glad to help if I can.

20. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Enthusiast

+25
    tapatalk doesn't respect some of the advanced hooks. its a known issue and one not likely to every be resolved. An example would be if you want to force posts to be made using EasyForms in a certain area of your forum. The workaround for that is to either live with it and make allowances for tapatalk users, or block tapatalk access to that area (not a stellar solution).