The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview With Sheldon Bowyer

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,327
    Definitely an interesting read!
    Nice to know the man behind the words and the design. LOL @ binge watching Netflix. Every once in a while I'll spend days at a time on a Netflix marathon. I'm in the process of rewatching Star Trek TNG - on the last season now. So I had to LOL when you answered the infamous "Star Trek vs. Star Wars" question with "Family Guy" Peter would be so proud hahahaha.

Anyway - yeah. Nice to know a bit about you @Sheldon
    Much appreciation for your service too and hey ==> ADULT SWIM FTW :D

J.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
  3. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Unleash The Beast....

+412
    I like his quote about his son being his best achievement :p Seems like a good guy! I've seen him on the XF forums a lot when i used it. Really great interview!

4. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,512
    Look what I found on AdEx! :D

5. Phillip

Phillip The Priest

+1,492
    Very interesting bit of reading...West Virginia is a pretty nice place to live I would imagine, very close to Ohio (where I live).

6. Goodfella

Goodfella Adherent

+217
    W. VA is beautiful, love the outdoors there! Hope Sheldon is doing well, havent seen him in a while.

7. PoetJC

+5,327

:D

8. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    Only my idiotic state would claim a song that isn't about the state.

Couple changes to the interview:

I've slowly started reading more... strange.

Anywho, picked up the last two of Albom's books (The Time Keeper and The First Phone Call From Heaven), both great. Anything you can pick up and read by him, I suggest.

Also read I'll Go Home Then; It's Warm and Has Chairs. The Unpublished Emails..... and The Internet is a Playground.... both by David Thorne. Hilarious. Smart-ass. Loved them.

Started reading the "Day By Day" series too, from J.L. Bourne. The first one was great, second one pretty good, third one I'm not sure if I want to start, considering the reviews. Armageddon and Beyond Exile Those are the first two. If you read the third, give me your opinion... ha. I don't want to waste $10 on something that will piss me off. You'll understand once you start them.

Although I love the sleeve look, Ape (April) doesn't have one. Although "sleeveless", she does have tattoos (sexy, yes), she does drive me insane (daily), she does know every in and out of who I am and accepts me for exactly who I am, yes, including be a gigantic asshole (scary, I know). We are into year 8, and completely happy.

Apparently 50-60 hour work weeks, very very little time in the evenings.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,476
    Your son looks just like you, Ape is gorgeous and you look happy :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. PoetJC

+5,327
    Tennessee has done stranger ****. We'll take Rocky Top though.

The Denver tune is a classic. Never bothered to research what it's about or even gave a damn actually. I just know we used to sing the hell out of it as kids in elementary school. "West Virginia - Mountain Mama - Take me home - Country roads." and all that jazz :whistle: Makes me want to ask my 2nd grade music teacher what the song is about.. I believe she's dead though - so we'll settle for google.

Nice looking family btw.

J.

11. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    The song was wrote as the people were traveling to Maryland, most likely up the path of Interstate 81. Blue Ridge Mountains? Shenandoah River? Neither in WV. "Country roads, take me home"... they certainly didn't take him home into the state of WV either. The only time Denver mentions WV, he is imploring it to "take me home", as your quote above shows.

At least that is always my debate with my FB friends who are fantatical WV fans. I just like to piss them off. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • List
  12. PoetJC

+5,327
    I debated between the funny & informative rating.
    Save me a google trip - so opted for funny. Stop pissing your friends off :p

J.

13. Sheldon

Sheldon Fan

+885
    Thanks. Not sure if any of that was any of my doing, but they are both stuck with me now. Just luckily ended up with them both.

14. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,512
    I'm assuming Ape is short for April? What does she call you? :eek:

15. SocialManUK

SocialManUK Participant

+26
    Let me correct that for you. ;)

Interesting read/interview indeed.... When is your book coming out Sheldon :p

• Also Wondering! Also Wondering! x 1
    • List
  16. Jake

Jake Developer

+1,111
    Even with the "dickish" attitud Sheldon has sometimes, he's obviously a good person. Mad respect for the "Raising my son to be the man his father failed to be." I know how much it sucks to have a dad that doesn't give a **** (pretty common around here for some reason), so you're obviously are a better man than some.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Sim

Sim Coder/Designer

+196
    I know this is going to sound like stupid, but who is:
    Sheldon Bowyer?

The interview never said...

18. Jake

Jake Developer

+1,111
    I suspect if you read a few of the replies you will likely find out.

19. Sim

Sim Coder/Designer

+196
    I don't see it? From the interview it seems like something to do with xenForo, but it doesn't say what.

20. Goodfella

Goodfella Adherent

+217
    He's a 36 year old Male form West VA, divorced with a 10 year old son. I circled him in the image attatched :D.

Jokes aside, hes very good at what he does. I would say he is one of the better (if not best) designers around for xenforo. I know a few projects he had done, http://superheroes.zone is one another is a xenforo administrator website.

If you look him up here or on Xenforo (username Sheldon i believe) you can find some of his contributions.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.