The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Rickard Andersson

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. phoenixdown21

phoenixdown21 The Man with the Plan

+43
    Great interview!

Man, I'm an idiot. I thought punbb was some fork of phpbb all this time. D'oh!!!!

1.3 looks promising and its really interesting to hear that punbb uses strict xhtml and css. I don't think any other forum does. I'm curious to see if punbb uses as many tables as some of the other software too. /time to go download lol

3. Smartys

Smartys FluxBB Developer

+0
    LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one with that issue :p

4. fumbalah

fumbalah Devotee

+4
    I actually though punBB was a port of phpBB as well, I guess I was wrong. I really like how it looks. I definetly think it has a lot of potentinal, especially for like an companies internal forum, because it isn't over fiiled with tons of features no one needs :).

5. Kathy

Kathy Tazmanian Veteran

+49
    Great interview. Very interesting stuff. Thanks Rickard! :tiphat:

6. _| () R | Z

_| () R | Z Proud charter member!

+0
    we use punBB on our private forums on big-boards.com, i never heared of it before then but even though we are using an old version, it still does everything that it needs to do & we need.

also interresting to see that 2 big-boards are using punbb: http://rankings.big-boards.com/?filter=PunBB,all and notice how fast those sites load, many admins will be jealous!

7. KeithMcL

KeithMcL Freelance Web Designer

+2
    Good interview. I use PunBB on one forum I frequent and I like it. It's simple but very effective. I didn't realise it was using valid markup. Congrats on that alone!

1.3 sounds very promising. So much so, that I think I'll start paying more attention to the releases.

8. Dietrich

Dietrich Developer

+2
    UseBB, which is also mentioned, does so.

9. DChapman

DChapman Devotee

+14
    Kudos for that. Too many websites and developers continue to take the usability of their sites/software for granted. It's amazing and very sad how many are inaccessible to those with disabilities. And let's not even talk about the markup of many. *shudder*

10. Nightowl

Nightowl Participant

+0
    But on the Big Boards site (http://www.big-boards.com/forum.php) it says TAZ hosts the Big-Boards admin forum, and TAZ uses vB. :suspect:

11. quentin

quentin Habitué

+22
    Read again:
    We use punbb for the editors discussions. And we're quite happy with it I must say (of course being very few members we don't have huger requirements, still, it's a nice and simple piece of soft).

12. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Enthusiast

+2
    Great interview, very interesting.

Never heard of PunBB before though ;)

Lots of useful things also, for example, I think I won't buy Peugeot now, though I was considering it, thanks for an advice :)

13. CricketGod

CricketGod Participant

+0
    punbb is very usefull for light-weight forum. This is very simple forum.

THanks for interview

14. paccy

paccy Neophyte

+0
    The site is really cool....
    The animation posted is really fantastic.....

15. Miguel85

Miguel85 Neophyte

+0
    I love easy scripts and and punbb is definitely one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.