The Sandman submitted a new Article:

Interview with Rickard Andersson

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. phoenixdown21

phoenixdown21 The Man with the Plan

+42
    Great interview!

Man, I'm an idiot. I thought punbb was some fork of phpbb all this time. D'oh!!!!

1.3 looks promising and its really interesting to hear that punbb uses strict xhtml and css. I don't think any other forum does. I'm curious to see if punbb uses as many tables as some of the other software too. /time to go download lol

3. Smartys

Smartys FluxBB Developer

+0
    LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one with that issue :p

4. fumbalah

fumbalah Devotee

+4
    I actually though punBB was a port of phpBB as well, I guess I was wrong. I really like how it looks. I definetly think it has a lot of potentinal, especially for like an companies internal forum, because it isn't over fiiled with tons of features no one needs :).

5. Kathy

Kathy Tazmanian Veteran

+47
    Great interview. Very interesting stuff. Thanks Rickard! :tiphat:

6. _| () R | Z

_| () R | Z Proud charter member!

+0
    we use punBB on our private forums on big-boards.com, i never heared of it before then but even though we are using an old version, it still does everything that it needs to do & we need.

also interresting to see that 2 big-boards are using punbb: http://rankings.big-boards.com/?filter=PunBB,all and notice how fast those sites load, many admins will be jealous!

7. KeithMcL

KeithMcL Freelance Web Designer

+2
    Good interview. I use PunBB on one forum I frequent and I like it. It's simple but very effective. I didn't realise it was using valid markup. Congrats on that alone!

1.3 sounds very promising. So much so, that I think I'll start paying more attention to the releases.

8. Dietrich

Dietrich Developer

+2
    UseBB, which is also mentioned, does so.

9. DChapman

DChapman Devotee

+13
    Kudos for that. Too many websites and developers continue to take the usability of their sites/software for granted. It's amazing and very sad how many are inaccessible to those with disabilities. And let's not even talk about the markup of many. *shudder*

10. Nightowl

Nightowl Participant

+0
    But on the Big Boards site (http://www.big-boards.com/forum.php) it says TAZ hosts the Big-Boards admin forum, and TAZ uses vB. :suspect:

11. quentin

quentin Habitué

+20
    Read again:
    We use punbb for the editors discussions. And we're quite happy with it I must say (of course being very few members we don't have huger requirements, still, it's a nice and simple piece of soft).

12. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Enthusiast

+2
    Great interview, very interesting.

Never heard of PunBB before though ;)

Lots of useful things also, for example, I think I won't buy Peugeot now, though I was considering it, thanks for an advice :)

13. CricketGod

CricketGod Participant

+0
    punbb is very usefull for light-weight forum. This is very simple forum.

THanks for interview

14. paccy

paccy Neophyte

+0
    The site is really cool....
    The animation posted is really fantastic.....

15. Miguel85

Miguel85 Neophyte

+0
    I love easy scripts and and punbb is definitely one.