• Like Like x 1
  2. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

+120
    Great interview :)

3. Shelley

Shelley Cahooter!

+807
    Excellent Interview thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Another badminton player. :) :tup:

4. nguoivohinh511

nguoivohinh511 Enthusiast

+1
    Excellent. Love how thoughtful these gentlemen behind XenForo are. Best of luck to all of them and XF

5. EQnoble

EQnoble Neophyte

+0
    I think they put something in the global water supply, I'm over here shaking fiendishly waiting for the release of this on the fifth. Anytime a "Business Guy" takes the time to address the people who patron the company that pays him, you can guess that he feels strongly enough about the product he is backing to get out there and let us know he wont be going anywhere. This is a confidence boost and I appreciate any company who treats their customers like people at an eye-to-eye level. This software has my stamp not only because of the software itself, but the security I feel when I know people like Ashley and the rest of the staff would actually take the time to message me back when I have a question or comment. I'm am not worried about some failure down the road. They are repaving it.

6. vijayninel

vijayninel Ave atque vale

+102
    I dont think it will be a cakewalk for Xenforo in the forum software market. It will take them time to challenge the establishment. However I do think that they have a good chance of making it big in the market.

Thanks for the great interview Sandman. :)

7. dragonfly

dragonfly Enthusiast

+36
    Wonderful Interview! :D

8. Brogan

Brogan Enthusiast

+71
    I've actually been fortunate enough to speak with Ashley and he's a solid guy.

Nice to learn a bit more about him.

9. wtrk

wtrk Participant

+0
    Weak interview, you might as well have copy and pasted his old interviews about vBulletin and just replaced vBulletin with Xenforo. You didnt even ask about the most important issue, whats going to happen to Xenforo in the long run with the IB lawsuits, etc.. I think Xenforo is a nice product, but I wouldnt risk my lively hood switching to it without knowing whats going to happen with the lawsuits.

10. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+3,104
    This interview was conducted before the litigation was announced.

11. Akela

Akela viam aut inveniam...

+159
    Using XF would be a risk to your livelihood?

12. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+153
    If he's using the software, and it has to be shut down/

13. Goldpoll

Goldpoll Guest

+0
    Great interview.

Seems I find a nice place.

14. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+185
    That's the only reason I bought IPB, I really like XenForo but the thought of being screwed if they loose the law suit kept me from buying it.

15. ukn

ukn ALL TIME NEWBIE

+0
    Nice read. Thanks :)

16. TwoPalmTrees

TwoPalmTrees Aspirant

+1
    What's the latest with the Internet Brands lawsuit? It seems to have gone on a while now.

17. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than You

+172
    XenForo's forums have updates. xenforo.com/community. Prolly a better place to ask than a 2-year-old interview thread. :)

18. jordi_lover

jordi_lover Neophyte

+0
    nice interview thanks :)

19. rdokoye

rdokoye Neophyte

+0
    I guess from the entire interview, the thing that struck me the most was the fact that, it appeared as though he was self taught, if I’m not mistaken. This to me shows that he has real passion for what he’s doing, maybe that’s something that we can all take from the interview, that passion overrides all.

20. s.molinari

s.molinari Leader of Skooppa

+1,818
    If only most companies felt the same way.....

Scott