Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,161
    It's always to good to hear from someone who enjoys their job. That kind of enthusiasm is often reflected in the quality of the product. Great interview :tup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,503
    Great interview :)

4. HWS

HWS TAZ Member

+142
    Weiter so, Alexander! :D

5. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    That was one outstanding read, I really enjoyed it :)

6. radu81

radu81 Fan

+191
    Your father was right and you did the best choice. Glad is going good for you and good luck with your software ;)

7. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,131
    Nice learning more about rising underdogs :tup:
    TAZ will remember.

8. Anubis

Anubis Cave Canem

+52
    I enjoyed reading this interview, and there's certainly a lot to commend Alexander for. My only pet peeve concerns this statement:
    I wish plugin authors were encouraged to provide an English translation of the addon description on the store page. Several developers insist on promoting their product in German only, leaving those who don't speak the language guessing or trying to put together a botched Google translation of it.

It's been a while that I wanted to get this off my chest, and this seemed to be a good opportunity. But criticism aside, this is very interesting and enlightening interview. It was a pleasure to learn more about Alexander and his passion for coding.

9. dtdesign

dtdesign Developer

+657
    There have been a few authors that managed to get away with this for whatever reason, please report these plugins and we'll take the proper actions :)

10. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,131
    I'll jump on this and insist on screenshots in english (at least for english speakers).

11. Anubis

Anubis Cave Canem

+52
    Thank you for listening, this is a step in the right direction. English speaking people will appreciate it. Whenever I will stumble across German-only descriptions I will report them.

I agree with this too.

12. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,597
    As I've said a few times in the past, the script authors AND the add-on authors are going to need to get out of that German-centric train of thought if they want to start penetrating the larger market. The WBB developers are aware of that and taking steps to address it - but many add-on authors appear not to be to concerned with it - and that in the long run effects the adoption rate of the script by those that do not speak German.
    I've bought several add-ons on the off-chance that they would be what I wanted, but since they were in German only I was not sure until I could install it on my site.

13. Francess

Francess Neophyte

+0
    Gr8 interview!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.