+8,503
    Morganna submitted a new Article:

Interview: Paul M

Read more about this article here...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Steve M

Steve M Coder Formerly Known As..

+14
    I know many won't appreciate this comment but on your last questions your responded to Paul M, WTF are they thinking with that? Seriously, us coders rely on global_start a lot more than the other global plugins. Is there a reason behind them doing this or are they just doing it because THEY see no point in those hooks? Probably can't answer that question but I had to ask.

3. Paul M

Paul M Limeade Addict

+2,149
    Well this thread is probably not the best place to discuss it, but there is no reason to rely on those hooks, in fact, there are a number of alternatives now - and all but one of my mods no longer use global_start (and it will be be changed in that one remaining mod soon as well).

The fact is that with the CMS and blogs, those hooks no longer act the way they were envisaged, so they are going to phase them out. There will be an announcement on vb.com.

4. Lynne

Lynne Participant

+79
    Nice interview. Paul, what I really wonder is what it's like living in a houseful of women! I remember what I was like as a teenager and can't imagine having to live with three of teenage me. :eek:

5. Sailfindragon

Sailfindragon Slightly Nuts!

+4
    Very interesting read and great interview.:eek:

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,828
    I miss the good old vBorg days :)

7. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,544
    Someone should write a book about it, because I don't think we'll ever see those days again with any forum software. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.