+11
    Steve M submitted a new Article:

Interview: Lynne

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  2. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,457
    Great Interview. Thanks Lynne!! (and thanks Steve for organising it :) )

3. Steve M

Steve M Coder Formerly Known As..

+11
    Your most welcome, I rather enjoyed this, was kinda nice to learn about someone who has given me so much help on vBulletin.org.

4. Sailfindragon

Sailfindragon Slightly Nuts!

+3
    Great interview. Great read.

Thankies:hug:

5. Chase-AdEx

Chase-AdEx Fan

+5
    Very nice interview - Thanks Lynne and Steve :)

6. MisterPersonality

MisterPersonality Shut up and run!

+44
    It was a great interview indeed. Lynne is a great person with great intentions. Nice work.

7. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook IPS Developer

+665
    Great read!

8. Lynne

Lynne Participant

+78
    I still find it weird to have anyone interview me.... I'm just a regular person and just don't think I'd be that interesting. But, the interview was fun to do. Glad you guys enjoy it.

9. alsarcastic

alsarcastic Fan

+108
    Lynne, lots of people seem to be defecting from vb due to 4.

Do you have confidence that the software will right itself or do you see 4 as the deathknell of VB?

10. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+948
    I had the same feeling when I was asked for my first interview, you did a great job and it was an excellent read!

11. Lynne

Lynne Participant

+78
    I am trying very hard to believe that they will get their act together and release a quality product, but sometimes it is very hard to keep the faith. I think it has great potential and I think it has some great developers on the team that really *want* to make the product great. I've seen them posting in threads trying to get ideas from the users to add into the software (take a look at all Edwin's posts regarding the CMS). The devs are trying hard. But, somewhere something is going wrong in the process and that really needs to be fixed. There are some bugs that keep reappearing every other release and that is just not acceptable.

12. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,457
    Now that you mention it. . . :(

13. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,947
    Wow, Lockeed Martin! You have any association with skunkworks :)

Good interview!

14. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook IPS Developer

+665
    Same here (even though I've only technically done one).

Funnily enough, it was Shawn (^ that guy up there) who did the interview. :)

15. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,947
    You made a great interviewee I might add :p

16. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Fan

+26
    Was catching up on the interviews around here and I really appreciated this one. On vb.org, I just saw that Lynne was a very helpful person. I applaud you for tenacity there as well as other places I've seen you. It's really quite welcoming to see what you've shared. Brings some tangible aspects to this online interaction thang, if you will.

Of course, I keyed in on this part, if you've seen what I posted on what I do:

This makes all the more sense on you did your "leading" posts for people. It certainly worked for me on a few occasions. Furthermore, thanks for candidness regarding vb4. Since the presale event, which I'm not meaning to make a scene here about it, is that I would look seriously when vb5 comes, simple as that for me. Course, 3.8 in my eyes is perfectly a lasting product. :D

Lastly, I'm a Cali native myself. I used to be near a beach. :) Central coast, but now closer to the mountains, which has its merits.

Thanks for sharing and well done questions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.