Increase traffic for an established forum?

Discussion in 'Finance and Traffic' started by Deathjam, May 28, 2019.

1. Deathjam

Deathjam Neophyte

+0
    So i have a forum(xenforo) that's been online for around ~10 years, its doing ok, but i'd like to move up to the next step and just wondering hows best to increase traffic?

I've done some SEO, but still learning, if you search in google/bing/etc for "my niche forum", it is the top result, i have social media accounts (fb page and twitter) but only really use for auto posting from the forum, also its not really the type of audience where a monthly giveaway, or competition would really work.

2. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+689
    Keep on mind that searching for your own site on search engines can be heavily biased, since those search engines remember your prior search terms. You'll need to log out or use incognito mode to get true search result rankings.

Here's a random list of things:
    - paid promotion on Facebook or other social media accounts
    - cross promotion with other related communities or sites
    - get your articles listed in Google or Apple news

3. Deathjam

Deathjam Neophyte

+0
    searched using tor browser, google top 2 results (site.com and site.com/forums)

i was thinking about fb or twitter ads, anyone have any success?

4. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,196
    Purchasing links is strictly against Google's guidelines and can get your site demoted in search results.

5. overcast

overcast Enthusiast

+32
    Go for geo targeting. Let's assume you are in UK. You should have topics and the discussion from that geolocation. Narrowing down definitely helps these days than being generic forum.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.