+767
    Shelley submitted a new resource:

[Xenforo] Images In Catergory Strips - [Xenforo] Images In Catergory Strips

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  2. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+950
    Thank you for this, I had it bookmarked at xf but I have so many "watched threads" there now that's it's hard to find what I need when I need it.
    I've wanted to set this up on my gen forum for several months, maybe this will motivate me to finally take care of it.

3. Shelley

Shelley Coder/Designer

+767
    If you keep your heights at 40px you shouldn't have to modify much apart from the color: text/links;

Bare in mind the higher you go with your category heights the more padding-top in .nodeList .categoryStrip .nodeTitle you'll have to increase. It really is a 2 minute process if you have the imagery cut to the dimensions.

4. Chelf

Chelf Coder/Designer

+4
    Oh boy thank you for this Shelly. I can integrate this with my design now for a site I'm working on.

5. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,477
    Oh.. did she forget to mention... everyone but you can use it.....

hehehehe *runs away*

6. sportainment

sportainment Fan

+59
    I'm sorry, as most of you know I am brand new to xF - where do we go to set category heights? And how do we find out how big to make our images for the categories. I still have the default theme at the moment if it helps to give a quick and basic answer :)

7. Shelley

Shelley Coder/Designer

+767
    You can set the height of catergory strips by adding a height property to .nodeList .categoryStrip

though if your using the above articles and having multiple images you only need to set the height of the catgegory's height to your preference (highlighted in red).

fieldset .nodeList.sectionMain .node.category.level_1.node_22 .categoryText { background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/14.png") no-repeat scroll right center transparent; height: input your desired height here and for the other node ids; }

8. sportainment

sportainment Fan

+59
    thanks Shelley,
    Sorry for sounding like such a newbie - it's the only problem with going to new software :)

9. sportainment

sportainment Fan

+59
    I don't know about anyone else but this doesn't seem to be working any more? My images are only just visible down the bottom they aren't like on the site shown above.

10. Jluis

Jluis Aspirant

+5
    Thanks for this resource Shelley

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.