Featured I'm Russ - AMA

Discussion in 'Ask Me Anything' started by Russ, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,652
    Probably not anymore 1.5 styles free or paid. I'm still taking on custom work for the clients who still need to run it though.

2.0 free styles will come eventually, however, I'm awful at releasing paid ones and those need to come first. I have 2 styles that are really close to launching, I'm hoping to get those out soon.

2. radu81

radu81 Fan

+189
    any chance to see the Zipped style updated to xf 2.0?

3. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,652
    I'm awful at marketing, what can I say :D

A modified version of Zipped is already included for free under our Flat Awesome + style:

zipped.png

Additionally, with the next release, I'm including Adara for free under Flat Awesome +
    adara.png

Core also has a modified version of Modest included
    modest.png

These are all child styles, so you essentially install the parent style then install these as child styles and just edit them.

I decided not to port over the entire 1.x portfolio as official styles as I really want to focus on new products.

4. ProWeb

ProWeb Enthusiast

+26
    FYI: I've worked with Russ and he's BRILLIANT! Not only super-skilled at design, but generally a really awesome guy, very responsive, and easy to work with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  5. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,455
    Any thoughts on TAZ's style when we move to XF2?

6. Russ

Russ Administrator

+1,652
    I've had some ideas run through my head... open it up a bit, less is more sometimes when it comes to details!

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,562
    XF 2.1.0, right? ;)

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+2,444
    IMHO TAZ could use a complete style revamp. The current style was great as a follow up to the vbulletin style. It made the transition smooth. But the resemblance to the old style implied holds things back.
    But now I don't think there is a need to be restrained by the old style. It could be something fresh that appeals to the contemporary target audience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.