I want to be a blogger. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Blogs, Wikis, and other CMP's' started by AHB, Jan 23, 2019.

1. AHB

AHB Neophyte

+0
    So below, I’m going to outline exactly what you need to do to get started and set up your own personal blog.

There’s five main steps you need to go through in order to set up a blog. If you follow this guide and the five steps, you’ll have your own blog set up in 5 minutes or less. It’s nowhere near as difficult as setting up a website from scratch (there’s very little technical ability needed here). In fact, there’s no coding required by you. Good news, huh?

The 5 Simple Steps to Starting a Blog:

• Choose your preferred blog platform
    • Choose web hosting for your blog
    • Setting up a blog on your own domain
    • Designing your blog
    • Useful resources for blogging
    It is easy to start a blog but managing it is a bit tricky. I am running my blog for the past three years and to be very frankly I am still a learner of how to write a proper post and how to rank high in search engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Nev_Dull

Nev_Dull Anachronism

+1,018
    Shouldn't the first steps be Choose a topic and Make sure you have a good background and knowledge in that topic? And, with apologies for being anal, when you make a heading that says "5 Simple Steps..." you really ought to make it a numbered list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+1,160
    This comes off as little more than getting a link to a blog posted hoping for visits.

Every post has infolinks... Etc...

Low quality money grab. Aka spam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,144
    Regularly comment the hottest recent actuality in the niches youre planning to cover.
    Web users everywhere are fed up with existing sources of news and commentary, and are ripe to gain if you build your authority ln thourough research, regular activity and decent production values.

Creators are also moving content to Youtube. It's an interesting way to expand your articles' audience to passive content consumers, protecting your production from monetized reposts and establish a direct connection with followers.

5. gojo

gojo Neophyte

+3
    Here is the thing, First and Important thing people always forget is how important it is to pick a niche you can stay interested for a long time and not super hard to rank. Otherwise, you will hate blogging after a couple of months and this will take you nowhere.

6. haqzore

haqzore Habitué

+1,160
    Gosh, almost like starting a forum! :p

7. Joel R

Joel R Fan

+689
    If you're blogging, you absolutely don't need to spend any money or time researching blogging platforms or hosting. Get a free one like Blogger.

8. overcast

overcast Enthusiast

+32
    I think there is a lot of complexity added by people these days. If you want to be a blogger, just start writing. Nothing more nothing less. If the writing is loved by others, then you have chance of consistent traffic. So here the niche based blogging is the first step.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.