How to run a successful forum: Getting Members and Posts

Read more about this article here...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sirius

Sirius Neophyte

+0
    Great Advice!

That is some great advice! Thank you, I just recently opened up my first forum, and frankly, I never knew so much was invovled in it. Cheers, I'm going to be applying some of this sage wisdom to the administration of my forum.

Cheers!

3. devilishsaint

devilishsaint Enthusiast

+0
    I was looking for these kind of guidelines from many days ultimately found it here thanks for posting.

4. lawstudent

lawstudent Aspirant

+0
    Great article,

I do think you should mention paid posters, it is another way to get members, keep the forum active and have real although paid members. The downside is that you need to keep paying to keep them coming back, the upside is that you have an active forum and a growing membership base.

One thing though, I have tried at least 8 paid services and always needed a refund, until recently, I found a good one.

Thanks for the article.

5. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman The Rural Responder

+1,712
    Feel free to share what service that was :)

6. lawstudent

lawstudent Aspirant

+0
  7. dlawhh

dlawhh Can I have a cookie?

+2
    Thanks!

We strive to make sure that what our writers are doing for our clients would be up to the same standards that we would want on our own forums! Don't forget that you get what you pay for-and with us you pay for a top quality service that offers fast communication and custom packages to meet your needs. I am sure that lawstudent can vouch for this. :)

Testimonials are always welcome (PM for details). :) If anyone has any questions regarding our services please feel free to PM me.

8. major

major Participant

+0
    jeez, looking at the prices for paid posters i think i will set myself up as a poster for small fee.

9. cpvr

cpvr Tazmanian Master

+153
    Natural members are the best - especially if they find out about your site from other top posters - or are involved in your niche.

Members come and go, but one thing is for certain - your loyal members will stick around, tell their friends, and bam; you have more natural members.

10. eugene_x

eugene_x Neophyte

+0
    Just want to let you know that there is a software package that automates this process
    Activity Traffic Generator
    Right now it's available for phpbb3 only but they can add support of other forum engines for small fee (or sometimes for free, if the engine is popular).

In addition to registering new users the softare also immitates their activity: users go online/offline, view threads, etc.

11. Joshuad

Joshuad Developer

+61
    Using a dummy account is one thing, but how can you expect to monitor your traffic outside of some analytics program? How can you tell when your forums are growing they way they should or if it's just automated traffic?

12. ZeroFade

ZeroFade Aspirant

+1
  13. phoen1x

phoen1x Aspirant

+0
    Truly informative article for a beginner and experienced alike .

14. hasan_am09

hasan_am09 Neophyte

+0
    im looking for that kind of advice for my plan and your guideline give me a cool way, thanks

15. aidyUK

aidyUK Aspirant

+0
    thanks for this i just started my first forum (smf 2.0 rc4) and need help getting it kick started

16. BrandonSheley

BrandonSheley loving life

+632
  17. Nando de mo

Nando de mo Adherent

+15
    This was made before 2010. I will say, it's a lot more challenging now in the 10s than it was in the previous decade. Getting people interested is increasingly more work. Depending on what the niche is, you will have to inspire activity if you want your forum to be active.