How to make my website appear right under a competitor website

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by King G, Jan 3, 2017.

1. King G

King G Enthusiast

+13
    Hi so my forum is about youtubepoops. (youtube videos consisting of prexisting media edited in order distort or make really confusing/silly)

So I want my website to appear right under youchew.net (another youtubepoop site) when i google youchew or youtubepoop forums.

Is this legal?

My forum is hosted on icyboards for free as of now (they let me export my database but I pay for it)

But I will buy a domain name soon.

Namecheap gives me 2 choices for my domain name it can be xyz.com or xyz.net

what do I pick to make it appear under a competitor website?

Thanks

2. Ruby

Ruby Nerd Girl

+23
    I would do a .com

3. Hauyser

Hauyser illiterate.

+146
    .com also.

4. King G

King G Enthusiast

+13
    HauyserHauyser does that make my forum appear under the competitor forum?

Like when I am online I type transformers forums first their is tfw2005 and then allspark forums (a competor site)

How do I do this?

It is legal to put my forum under a competitor forum right?

Thanks

5. Ruby

Ruby Nerd Girl

+23
    I don't see why it wouldn't be legal.

6. Shimei

Shimei Fan

+294
    Domain name doesn't mean anything. You want to rank your site by use of offsite SEO practices which utilize anchor text (keyword use), and page rank. Another words if your domain name is whatever.com and you want to rank it as whenever.com you need backlinks with anchor texts that tell Google to list your site as whenever.com.

Enjoy,
    William

7. King G

King G Enthusiast

+13
    Is it free? how do I get started? What are backlinks? How do I get them?

8. Hauyser

Hauyser illiterate.

+146
    SEO is free, it's not something that happens over night. It's something that builds up over time... so basically it's kinda automatic but you can help push it in the right direction. If that makes sense?

Backlinks are when other websites have a link back to your site etc.

9. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,087
    We have a SEO on TAZ i would read up what is or is not allowed in SEO. But remember this will not happen overnight it takes time.

10. DaveL

DaveL Habitué

+199
    There are no legal issues in regards to ranking on Google.

To get ranked high when people search on Google, you need content. Lots of lovely beautiful and relevant content.

It's also that lovely beautiful and relevant content that will keep the visitors on your site and hopefully sign up. Without it, they will simply hit the back button and visit your competitors site.

I wouldn't waste your time on SEO at the moment. Fill your forum up with guides, tutorials and LBR content first.

11. pierce

pierce Habitué

+700
    you wont rank under your competitor straight away and this is the -bad way-

the best way is to drive traffic in other non conventional ways.

https://flippa.com/7166276-viralultimate-com

Take that site from flippa listed at $600 his traffic is all social with little organic.

12. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+623
    That site would be a pointless purchase as it's new and filled with lame content, some of which isn't even American. Has a $4500 BIN, but I wouldn't pay more than $10 for the domain, then I'd scrap the content and make my own.

you could spend a week adding similar content to your own version (or automate it with content aggregating scripts), then dump $600 on ads and already have a better site.

13. pierce

pierce Habitué

+700
    I'm absolutely not suggesting paying 600 for effectively pump n dump site.

More to the point was to show how somebody has used social media.

After all his content would be suited.

Facebook prefers video... So OK he would have to download video and upload to fb and maybe get a slap in the wrist when somebody complains.

(Prefers video because they want to be able to say that they are the number one video platform on the internet)

Try it. Disable auto play video and your timeline will be drastically different.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.