How to go from 1M to 10M+ pageviews

Discussion in 'Increasing Traffic' started by vavasopel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. vavasopel

vavasopel Neophyte

+0
    I've recently been interning for a movie/TV forum (MovieChat.org) that's trying to grow from around 1 million page views per month to 10 million plus within the next 6 months. For background, the site started in February of this year after IMDb shut down its message boards. Many of the approximately 7,000 registered users are former IMDb members.

What would be your Top 3 suggestions to help take us from 1M to 10M pageviews over the next 6 months?

2. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

+1,469
    Prey ?

In all honesty, I dont see how you could reasonably expect to do this, if it were that simple we'd all be doing it.

3. insaneadmin

insaneadmin Enthusiast

+186
    Misleading titles and lots of images featuring red circles and arrows posted all around social media

Top suggestion ignoring cost? Become the sponsor of a popular show or channel at primetime. :)

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Moderator

+1,771
    You would need a renowned marketing company, active staff team and a very large budget.
    And firstly: a new design and better software. Probably some freelancers to beef up your content, because its pretty thin / low quality at the threads that I opened.

5. Elliot02

Elliot02 Aspirant

+8
    This will probably be your best case scenario. Granted, should you have the budget.

6. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Moderator

+1,171
    Your best bet ask IMDB for a link as forum if they hook on you can get those views.

7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Tazmanian

+1,803
    What software is that ?

I noticed the threaded discussion.

IMG_1986.PNG

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted