How to Boost Reddit Post ??

Discussion in 'Social Networking' started by Julian Wang, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Julian Wang

Julian Wang Neophyte

+0
    what are the methods to increase Reddit post votes and make your valuable in this eyes of google

2. Empire

Empire Devotee

+506
  3. geeksonrepair

geeksonrepair Aspirant

+11
    To boost reddit traffic you should create quality content and share it on reddit.

4. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,079
    Stop trying to promote a business on Reddit and actually contribute to the community. That might help a bit.

Seriously though, if you're asking this, you have no idea what the site is about. Same with anyone who talks about 'forum marketing'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. kabbs

kabbs Aspirant

+0
    Quality content is key

6. Shine Pham

Shine Pham Aspirant

+6
    Content is King. good content and helpful for somebody you will get more traffic

7. Ummagumma

Ummagumma Adherent

+249
    I agree, be careful. We were shot down in flames for responding to people - and they thought we were purely using advertising strategies. Wasn't the case, but I saw how it looked, and boy did it backfire.
    So be careful and actually contribute rather than force sell yourselves/products etc

8. Alycium

Alycium Aspirant

+7
    Contribute to Reddit just as a regular member and get familiar with the community. Build up a positive reputation. It's a wonderful place to build quality backlinks and to get traffic, but don't force it and don't get in a hurry.

Post something that is interesting, have a good title to go with it linking back to your article. If it's of good quality and people find it interesting, then it will naturally get voted up.

Again, don't force it and don't use it JUST to get traffic and get your links out there. Take your time and interact with others on the site.

9. annasg

annasg Neophyte

+2
    Since reddit is a great community, don't sound spammy by posting promotional content. Give back to the community first. Find a few subreddits that are relevant to your business. Focus on these subreddits and build your reputation by engaging with the members and sharing posts that gives value - be it informational, entertaining, thought-provoking, interesting. It will not be a quick route and that is okay. Randomly promoting your business on reddit can hurt you in the long term (bad traffic, high bounce rate, etc). Another option is running an ad on reddit, you'll be sure to get eyeballs on your ad but I'm not really certain how the conversion rate is on reddit since I haven't tried it yet. Goodluck!

10. shadowdev

shadowdev Aspirant

+22
    You do need to be careful, reddit can catch you in promoting yourself which is hugely frowned upon.

However, in some of my last positions, reddit advertisement has done very well.

11. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,079
    Again with treating Reddit like an advertising network. Stop. Imagine if you acted like that here and started talking about how TAZ mods 'can catch you'.

The point of a community isn't how much you can spam your own products and services without getting caught.

12. shadowdev

shadowdev Aspirant

+22
    You know very well that is not my intended meaning.

Reddit is not an advertising network like you said, but what I meant was even simply saying "Hey I made this" is a bad thing in that community."
    Reddit advertisement like paid ads through them, not anything else.

13. johnny91

johnny91 Neophyte

+0
    or you can buy 15 upvote for Fiverr for 5 dollars :D

14. cheat_master30

cheat_master30 Moderator

+1,079
    And ruin the internet by paying for spam. Great move there 'genius'.

If you have to spam, then reconsider your life and how valuable your 'work' is.

15. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Administrator

+2,279
    If there ever is a "Dumbest 1st Post" award here, I nominate yours.

16. Empire

Empire Devotee

+506
    :rofl:

17. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    This could be the worst thread I've ever seen here.

18. halley_tg

halley_tg Aspirant

+5
    Everything you want to get a thousands-like post here quicksprout.com/2015/06/18/how-to-get-your-slice-of-reddits-150-million-pageviews/
    I try it and success, you will ;)

19. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    until the lead page crap comes up. But the rest is a decent read for sure.

20. Destroy Repeat

Destroy Repeat DestroyRepeat.com

+90
    I had a similar experience, but I wasn't trying to advertise my website. I was trying to find feedback as to what gamers wanted. But mods are crazy in there. Crazy. And as soon as you explain it, they won't read it, try to understand, or respond. Robotic community from what I experienced.

But what I've read is this...
    However, on the flip coin, I've seen communities get shared, promoted, or advertised in there. From my perspective, the whole system is very biased.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.