How old is your computer

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
Mine gets updates once a year last year cpu mainbord and memory, this year graphics, monitor. Next year i have no clue what i will replace next.

we_are_borg

Tazmanian
How are they going? Have you have a power cut with then going? I heard that if they lose power without warning they can die.

I have got this year 3 power cuts nothing happened but on the latest one my synology crashed hard, but nothing happened with my SSD's in my PC.

RichieBoy67

Adherent
I just got a new pc in July but my last one was going on 10 years...had some upgrades but man was I happy to upgrade! I7 6800, GTX 1080 and a Predator X34 Ultra Wide.. Love my current Rig! Will probably have it for the next 10 years though. lol

StaticAge

Enthusiast
I built mine in March 2013, so nearly four years old. I haven't touched it since then, but I've thought of getting an SSD a few times. Will probably do that some time.

Sal Collaziano

Womanizer
I have a few old Dell desktop computers lying around but they're running Linux of some sort. I really don't use them. I have a 17" MacBook Pro from, I think 2008 or so (just upgraded to Sierra) that I use when I travel or work on the road. My main computer is a 13" MacBook Pro from 2012. I never use my screens so both notebook computers still work very well. I always connect my notebooks to a big Samsung monitor on my desk.

Westwegoman

Aspirant
About 1 year. Laptop to replace the 2 older computers that I have.

Still have the old laptop, 8 years and the old desktop, about 6 years that I use to store backup files on. Got tired of digging out the USB drive. Now I just transfer via the network.

Phillip

The Priest
Mine is about 3 and half years old...give it take. I have a desktop that is amazing so still.

doubt

Tazmanian
How are they going? Have you have a power cut with then going? I heard that if they lose power without warning they can die.
Why should they die?
That can happen to a standard HDD easily when the read-write head falls down without parking.