Featured How many of you run FB Groups?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Lisa, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Yes (connected to a forum)

34 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Yes (not connected to a forum)

36 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. No

64 vote(s)
    44.8%
  4. Other (FB Page, MeWe group/Page, etc) - share details in the replies.

25 vote(s)
    17.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Enthusiast

+13
    I run a facebook page connected to my forum (Revillution)

2. Buriwuh

Buriwuh Neophyte

+0
    More than a year ago, I had five groups in the FB, now there is not even one. I completely switched to Instagram.

3. Dubbed Navigator

Dubbed Navigator Adherent

+110
    FB started heavily suppressing our links to our forum. at one point they accounted for near 20% of our referrals, that went down to about 5%

Just ditched it off in the end, more effort than its worth.

4. overcast

overcast Adherent

+70
    In fact they don't allow the affiliate links or even other social network links in groups.

5. GoingRight

GoingRight Participant

+17
    We have FB page but not a group. Simply posting links on the FB page to the forum threads.

6. MrDeranged

MrDeranged Participant

+8
    We have a page and a group, mainly to prevent "identity theft" of our forum. (I know it doesn't really work, but better than no presence on FB at all). Our only attempt at "funneling" is that we don't allow any advertisements in the group or handling photos. If they want to advertise, or post pictures of them potentially putting their pets in danger, they have to do it on our forums. I'd say that we probably have equal crossover between the two. People that like forums will migrate over there and people looking for the "quick fix" migrate to the facebook group. Those that don't like our moderation style disappear or rage quit from both ;)

7. frm

frm Neophyte

+0
    I do, but it's somewhat a waste of time, though can be profitable.

I have a forum with Adsense. I also have 5 groups that match interests with combined membership of 15k+ as well as a Page with 5.8k likes.

I strategically use my groups to feed links to threads and blog posts daily.

Do they convert to members? No.

Does the spike in traffic result in a spike of Adsense revenue? Yes.

So while the groups I barely manage (read: 5 minutes of my day with volunteer mods) don't net me much when it comes to forum participation, they do provide me with an outlet, as admin, to "spam" them on an interesting topic (which competitive sites are disallowed) that does net income greater in value than 5 minutes of my time.

Keep in mind, folks, you can easily grow a group to 1, 5, 10, 100k+ members that you can set the rules of (i.e. only your links go through) that can massively drive traffic in 1 post.

Use it to your advantage. Do both. But, keep a forum at heart as FB steals it mostly all away.

Edit: ALSO, join other groups as your Page and post relevant posts/comments as when someone likes your post, you can invite them to like your page. Funnel those likes to conversions if you can, but remember that they see your Page's posts afterward.

8. zoldos

zoldos Lord Malleus

+92
    I *used* to own a Cat/Pets group and an RC one, but my freaking FB got "banned" for no apparent reason. GRRR

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.