Featured How many of you run FB Groups?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Lisa, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Yes (connected to a forum)

19 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Yes (not connected to a forum)

24 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. No

39 vote(s)
    44.3%
  4. Other (FB Page, MeWe group/Page, etc) - share details in the replies.

18 vote(s)
    20.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+978
    So do you have an independent forum to fall back on if your group gets deleted? That's a big community to be beholden to the deletion discretion of a facebook mod.

2. Natasha

Natasha Neophyte

+4
    Not at all. That is the thing. There is no way to get those people from Facebook to another medium. People join a Facebook group because they see it in their feed. Because they are added. And of course due to FB search as well. But just as I don't google search forums for the other 300 interests I have joined Facebook groups for, neither do most members google search forums. And I don't know how to run one. Nor would we be able to have vets just by tagging them. Deal with situations irl. We also use about 5 groups to run the group. We have a group to raise oops litters and orphans. And much of it is done through notifications.

And that's just it. Facebook is what makes it possible. So it is very frustrating when, for instance, people tell us to go back to how we did it before Facebook. There WAS no before Facebook. It was just thousands and thousands of unrelated rat and mouse owners with poorly cared for rats and mice.

In fact, the ONE other thing we had before Facebook is gone: I used to be a mouse and rat expert at AllExperts.com, a huge, free, expert help site. It closed.

3. R0binHood

R0binHood Habitué

+978
    If you can see the writing on the wall for your type of group and you already have a massive user base, is now now the time to create an indepent forum and start funneling your 60k users and the fresh traffic from the other similar groups that have recently closed in it's direction?

4. Natasha

Natasha Neophyte

+4
    I can't do both!

5. Natasha

Natasha Neophyte

+4
    My group posts a dozen comments a second in busy times. There is a lot of work when 1/3 of your members are under 23, as well!

6. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,335
    It makes a change to hear from someone with such a positive view of Facebook, it certainly sounds like it's served you well up until now. I hope you are able to continue and don't get shut down because it sounds like you are providing a very valuable service to a lot of people.

7. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+2,241
    ^^^ There is nothing you mentioned there which can't be done with a forum, and ultimately you control it, not Facebook. You're upset people diss Facebook, yet give a very good reason to diss it. Isn't this a bit ironic?

8. Yappi

Yappi Enthusiast

+70
    Since you call it "work," are you making a comfortable living off of your Group?

With 60,000 users, I would guess you are well into a 6 figure income per year.

9. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Tazmanian Master

+1,947
    I run quite a few of them and they stay pretty active. Its funny because my bigger ones have a 1,000+ members and it only took a few weeks to get that whereas it took years to get 1,000 forum members. Facebook Groups are easy to run, they've made us lazy and when you're running unique communities on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram while also maintaining an official website - easy is what you need. There would be no way in hell I'd have any time for a forum, anymore.

10. thelivingstick

thelivingstick Neophyte

+0
    I have fan page related to my niche services. I have 284 likes on the page so far. It takes 1 year to reach 284 likes for me. I saw many marketers smartly get plenty of likes and fans for their group/fan pages. I keep checking their tactics to improve my page.

11. Karll

Karll Adherent

+165
    I have an FB page, but it's severely neglected. I don't really like Facebook, and the Cambridge Analytica scandal was one of the final nails in the coffin for me. So I've now mostly "logged out" of FB.

That said, I can see how FB can be really useful. My wife uses it extensively.

12. Philpug

Philpug Aspirant

+20
    But is anyone making any money with their FB group? If so how and how many members do you have?

13. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,072
  14. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,072
    also all these ones
    49317245_2262702444050414_26833675765153792_n.jpg

15. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    If you're looking for something different, try Telegram.

16. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    content/ecom/ads/etc combination. Your audience has needs and things they like, figure out what they are and give it to them. People whip out the credit card almost as much as they whip out their....

17. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,458
    What kind of people are you mixing with? :ROFLMAO:

18. PoetJC

PoetJC ⚧ Jacquii: Black Kween of TSSN ⚧

+5,324
    Sure wish I knew. Got plenty fans in my DM whipping everything but credit cards out. Need the CCs whipped out and numbers input into my Facebook fund raiser! *True Story* :ROFLMAO::D:cool:

J.

19. Lisa

Lisa Chaotically Proportional

+8,458
    Tell me about it! If D was a currency, I'd be a millionaire from the amount I get in my inbox on a daily basis

20. Kevin

Kevin Oooh, something shiny!

+1,197
    We really need :astonished: as a reaction around here! :eek:

https://emojipedia.org/astonished-face/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.