How many hours per day do you work on your website(s)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Soulwatcher, May 4, 2010.

1. SaN-DeeP

SaN-DeeP TechArena.IN

+4
  2. The7thSage

The7thSage Adherent

+22
    I don't post much on the forum these days unless its website related. Just go to read what they post and check pms . Sometimes 12 hours a day or more.

3. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+185
    Sense I sold my forum and started a blog, I spend about 5~30 minutes a day depending if I am writing a article or not.

My wife is buying me a digital camera for Christmas that takes 14mp pictures and does 4hrs of 1080p video. Once I get that bad boy I will be spending a considerable amount of time making new articles.

There are always events going on downriver and in the summer time there are events everywhere. And I will also be taking tons of high rez pictures of all the historical sites and making them available for download. Along with providing my reviews. Hopefully I will have the best downriver website. :unhunh:

Greg

4. SocialManUK

SocialManUK Participant

+26
    On average would say about 2 hours, but burst upto 7 on weekday and on and off during the weekend... early days yet so I just assume will be more and more time involved as time goes by. ;o)

5. Kelson64

Kelson64 Aspirant

+3
    I spend at least 4 hours a day working on my website, but often a lot more than that. I think when a site, like mine, is first starting out, you spend a lot more time on it than you do when it has found its audience.

6. Exyicon

Exyicon @Exyicon

+21
    It depends on what you're talking about.. Sometimes I like to lay the foundation of the HTML part of the site, then once that is done basic, I focus on content, and revamp the site in entirety later. But in all I would like to work 4-5 hours a day, but most times that is not the reality.

No? Get back to work.. lol

7. USBdude

USBdude Participant

+2
    I work on some sites at my 9-5 office job and am also doing several freelance projects that take up 3-4 hours after work. Thats ~12 hours total, and it is getting to be a bit too much :(

8. Guerrera

Guerrera Participant

+10
    I have several sites on my server which I recently did an intensive optimization on. Currently, I spend at least 6 hours every day patching bugs, re-writing codes, optimizing procedures and commenting.. commenting everything I do, for I have terrible memory and tommorow's revision will probably look like I spent today writing Chinese.

9. Esprit

Esprit Participant

+2
    I have a forum and an E-Commerce website so it really depends on that days sales, whether stock has arrived etc. I'd say 2 hours a day is about the average. The worse part is doing the books! This is on top of my regular 10 hour day job.

10. NerdForum

NerdForum Adherent

+21
    I have to do very little actual "work" on my sites, but I do spend a good bit of free time tinkering with them for fun.

11. xMog

xMog Neophyte

+0
    Between 0 and 5 on week days (I have a normal day work). And between 0 and 10 hours on week ends. Probably, on average, 2-3 hours per day.

12. marin455

marin455 Aspirant

+0
    I just spend one day in a week on my websites. So it will be about 1h per day. I usually gather all need and select one day and try to make all required things during that day.

13. developers

developers Aspirant

+0
    i mostly spend 2-3 hours daily on my site pluginlotto.

14. wizard1974uk

wizard1974uk Tazmanian Gremlin

+20
    Zero, I'm not a coder just use standard wordpress installations with ready made themes :)

15. GeeOne

GeeOne Offwalker!

+5
    Depend, as per the requirement.

G!

16. planetgeeks

planetgeeks Aspirant

+1
    t this time its only myself working on my forum, so i spend about 8 hours a day trying to make it better.

17. MitraX

MitraX Aspirant

+0
    I spend, usually, about 3 - 5 hours a day including programming and content writing. Of course, there are situation that require more time, e.g. software upgrading, new feature deployment...

During weekends, I endeavor not to develop new features nor to write content, but only to maintain new members/articles/topics.

18. vikashmundaa

vikashmundaa Aspirant

+0
    It depends in weekends i use to spend 10 hours while other days 5 hours.

19. AFMichael

AFMichael Coder/Designer

+3
    Right now, I am spending 2-4 hours a day working on an upcoming forum between coding, server opimization, graphics, and other stuff...

20. jonlinper

jonlinper Neophyte

+0
    Too many ... 10 hours :hiding:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted