How many hours per day do you work on your website(s)

SamWebsyntax

phpBB Website Team
My day (during the summer):
Get up at 8am
Wake up computer
Program
Eat lunch
Program
Eat dinner
Program
Midnight snack
Sleep
(repeat)

All in all, about 8-10 hours a day.

At this current time I am working about 16 hours a day on my website - my laptop hardly ever leaves my side.

Hydrotoast

Enthusiast
8 hours studying web design, IA, programming languages/scripting languages, etc. 2 hours applying the learned concepts.

Exologist

Enthusiast
I've spent many an hour... Probably at least a few every day, but I'm afraid I won't have much free time soon.

Raji

Aspirant
8-9 hours
To maintain forum and site
To update literary books
To update Media section
To guide members on their queries.

GamesGaloure

Pre-School
Admin:2 hours a day, but I've been holding up lately to experience modding more ;)
Mod:1 and a half hours a day, overall not per site ;)

meetdilip

Tazmanian Master
I am online for say 15 hours per day. I keep throwing a glance at my site every 15 minutes.

mamaof2boys

Participant
The SMF counter tells me over 30 days logged in. *faints*

Actually I pop in and out all day since I can access it from work and my phone as well. Most of the time it's just reading/posting, then I go through bursts where I do housekeeping or some improvements or marketing, or there is some kind of drama I have to deal with or something.

Radieux_Ame

Neophyte
it really just depends, some days i don't have anything to do for the site, other days some code randomly stops working or i see something really cool on another site and i try to replicate it, so some days like 5mins other days up to 24 hours, whatever is needed

Jack1

Fan
About 5 hours, give or take a few hours though. Some days not at all because I'm simply too busy.

TechDoctor

Aspirant
Hello,

I guess this would vary from person to person. I own a website business and work on it from home. It is a family business. I spend about 9 hours a day on my website business.

reminto

Aspirant
since its my first website i work for 7hr a day to upload so many new plugins and change a lot seeing the suggestions column. started to include some advertisements in the site. but from next week i may world for just 5hrs. by that time it would be well developed

Namorat

Duder
I am always amazed how much time people are able to spend on their forums. I am fully aware how much time and energy one has to spend to make it a success, but I wouldn't be able to do the same, because with a full time job that comes first, all that is left are the evenings and the Sundays more or less. And even on those times real life demands attention. I really hope the time and effort pays off for you people, though.

exam

Aspirant
Maybe an hour a day, since it's just a hobby site.

Last edited:

reminto

Aspirant
I will work for more than 7 hours since my website is new, i am implementing many new things in my site need to develop a lot.

SirVenom

Aspirant
About two to three on weekends, somewhat less on weekdays... it's a small forum, so that's all that is necessary.