How Good is XenForo SEO

DirtRider

bah humbug
I will be switching over to XenForo very soon and was just wondering how good the SEO is and if there are any tips and tricks I should know beforehand

Nogitsune

Unleash The Beast....
Some of the more experienced admins can chime in a bit but I've always heard that Xenforo has amazing SEO built-in to the software. I've actually never heard a complaint about it. I remember when I used Xenforo for the bulk of 2013, i had fast rankings/high rankings. I am sure you'll be quite pleased with your experiences.

As far as tweaking or tips/tricks go, I'll leave that for the more experienced admins but for me it was a great experience and I didn't have to do anything major aside from setting up friendly URLs

Cerberus

Enthusiast
I will be switching over to XenForo very soon and was just wondering how good the SEO is and if there are any tips and tricks I should know beforehand

In my opinion, it's turnkey 101. There is not much, if anything one would need to do other than base installation. I mean of course there are some custom things one can do to improve On Page Seo, but for the most part it is ready to go out of the box. Also, in my opinion it is the best forum software on the market and continuing to get better and better as they put more time into it.

User37935

Neophyte
I've always been really pleased with it. The only advice I would give is regular housekeeping on thread titles, since that is what Google seems to like most on XF, to ensure they're not generic and to get relevant keywords in.

We've been able to get forum threads on the first page of Google in some cases within 24 hours just by good use of thread titles, great for forum based content.

Also get a sitemap plugin to get stuff up there quickly.