How does my site look?

Discussion in 'Community Styling' started by Axsel, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Axsel

Axsel Aspirant

+4
    Hey TAZ people! I decided to come on today to ask your opinion on something.

I've started up a new site, I haven't revealed it to anyone but you, google, and 3 of my closer friends. It's built around a Minecraft gaming server (which's development is just now starting up), but is eventually supposed to become a gaming community.

The theme is based around the game Minecraft. On the odd chance you haven't heard of Minecraft, here's the site: http://www.minecraft.net/

The site it means to be: Lightweight and Bright.
    This is the second skin I've ever done.

So, tell me, what do you think of the look? Any suggestions?

Site URL: http://fortressforum.net/index.php/index
    Running Invision Power Board.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Websitepros123

Websitepros123 Aspirant

+1
    i think in my experience. here goes. one on internet explore the colors will mix on older computers and on google it might slow the load rate. you need a clean css and that colors picked and set up is a bit messy in the load factor. Could be improved. maybe a more static or stable color, darker or gray in backround and dump the white in it. you can add images into the theme after getting a solid color. i dont mena to sound negative, jsut trying to give some advice, want anymore insight ask, ill be happy to help

3. Axsel

Axsel Aspirant

+4
    I've looked at the site on all major browsers. It looks fine on all browsers but IE6 and below. (I don't support IE6 and below.)

& Solid Color? Got any suggestions for lighter colors I can use?

4. Websitepros123

Websitepros123 Aspirant

+1
    Use a dark backround and than work on adding the images and the images for recent posts ect. that will be a better and more solid option in my opinion. use a grey or black backround and maybe a portal to get a flashier front page with images

5. lil_crazy

lil_crazy Aspirant

+0
    I like it a lot. I don't see anything I would personally change.

6. Noles

Noles paypal+

+76
    Looks unique, and being unique is always good. :)

7. T3chn0

T3chn0 Fan

+22
    Nice theme, reminds me of Crave's MineCraft forums without looking like a direct rip-off. However, the logo is a bit hard to read on the header IMO. Maybe add a shadow/glow to it or something?

8. Axsel

Axsel Aspirant

+4
    Mind linking me to Crave's forum? I haven't seen it.

9. Axsel

Axsel Aspirant

+4
    Thank you all for your feedback! :D

10. T3chn0

T3chn0 Fan

+22
    Sure, here it is.

*EDIT* I meant Curse, for some reason I was thinking of Crave, heh. You've probably seen it before but my typo threw you off lol.

11. Axsel

Axsel Aspirant

+4
    Oh, curse's forum? I've been an active member there since back before Curse even owned it!

(Around Feb. Last year)

12. printbucket

printbucket Aspirant

+0
    Great site and idea you have there. But there are small things that I would like to comment on. The white text color, specifically, does not attract well. I would suggest that you add darker shades on them. If not, at least a bolder text will do.

13. vladl

vladl Neophyte

+0
    does not load up. Amigo your site is down. lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted