How do you use Prefixes?

Discussion in 'Community Organization' started by cdub24, Jun 10, 2016.

1. cfmack

cfmack Aspirant

+3
    Thread prefixes are one of my favorite aspects of XF. I think that they are a classy way to organize threads.

2. ManovikasSociety

ManovikasSociety Neophyte

+0
    Think about the word happy. The prefix un placed in front of the word happy makes a new word with a new meaning unhappy. The prefix un means not, so it changes the meaning of the word happy to not happy

3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,387
    The topic was about thread prefixes, not word prefixes :)

4. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+747
    At MHB, we use thread prefixes to denote whether reported items have been resolved, whether math questions have been solved, and when a math question is new (this gets auto-removed when there is a reply, or when 48 hours goes by, whichever occurs first).

5. PyroM

PyroM Neophyte

+9
    I'll use prefixes to dramatically reduce subforums when (very soon) migrating from vb to xf. A little bit of flarum feeling ;) I'll avoid Xon's multiple prefix add-on, although this would be nice to use. I'll wait for UI.X 2 Pro instead, which might have a similar approach...

People do not want to search for correct subforums. But having very few main forums (max 6-8) and the appropriate prefixes within could be more successful. Maybe.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted