How do you use Prefixes?

Discussion in 'Community Organization' started by cdub24, Jun 10, 2016.

1. cfmack

cfmack Aspirant

+3
    Thread prefixes are one of my favorite aspects of XF. I think that they are a classy way to organize threads.

2. ManovikasSociety

ManovikasSociety Neophyte

+0
    Think about the word happy. The prefix un placed in front of the word happy makes a new word with a new meaning unhappy. The prefix un means not, so it changes the meaning of the word happy to not happy

3. mysiteguy

mysiteguy Devotee

+1,555
    The topic was about thread prefixes, not word prefixes :)

4. MarkFL

MarkFL La Villa Strangiato

+1,312
    At MHB, we use thread prefixes to denote whether reported items have been resolved, whether math questions have been solved, and when a math question is new (this gets auto-removed when there is a reply, or when 48 hours goes by, whichever occurs first).

5. PyroM

PyroM Neophyte

+9
    I'll use prefixes to dramatically reduce subforums when (very soon) migrating from vb to xf. A little bit of flarum feeling ;) I'll avoid Xon's multiple prefix add-on, although this would be nice to use. I'll wait for UI.X 2 Pro instead, which might have a similar approach...

People do not want to search for correct subforums. But having very few main forums (max 6-8) and the appropriate prefixes within could be more successful. Maybe.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.