Hostinger

1. Luigi442wii

Luigi442wii Aspirant

+3
    Sorry for the slight bump.
    What I noticed was that Hostinger are using several services and saying they're different, for example bugs3.com. Bugs3, according to a WHOIS lookup, is located in the exact same area as Hostinger, and says it belongs to 'Hostinger International, Ltd.' In fact, so does bl.ee as well (which redirects you to Hostinger Russia). Their customer support is terrible, especially as their forums on the UK one won't reply anymore.
    Also: They will only allow you to have 10 users online at once. Capulet07 has reported my board was redirecting to http://redirect.main-hosting.com/ (another of their domains which takes you to a 404 to confuse you) several times in the past week, which the site was down for 11 hours or something for CPU LIMIT EXCEEDED!!!!!!

Hostinger are useless. They advertise on Inane Cult Gamer (icg.uphero.com) and some other sites, all the time, with an annoying pop up on every page. In fact, the only reason I am staying at bugs3.com is because LightSpeed Systems doesn't block it (unlike nearly every other (decent) host).

Just avoid these little gits on hostinger.co.uk!

2. rose15

rose15 Neophyte

+0
    It's always funny to step on comments where people expect free hosting to be the same as paid one. Anyone who is serious about their business and expect a lot of traffic on their sites know that free hosting is only good for testing purposes. And it's good to have it and try it, I find it better to try and then upgrade rather then pay and expect for the best. Tried Hostinger, liked it, then upgraded. Satisfied so far.

3. NuWebHosting.com

NuWebHosting.com Enthusiast

+26
    Nothing is ever free and you get what you pay for, remember, even Facebook or forums are not free, you work for Zuckerberg and don't even realize it. If you honestly cannot spend a few bucks a month on your hosting for a website, you seriously need to reconsider your objectives. Sites like Wix etc. I prefer to stay away from. If it doesn't build value for your organization, it just simply doesn't. Digital assets are part of your organization, they are valuable. Intellectual property is exactly that, it's virtual real estate.

4. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    I've been playing around with then and while the free plan has some decents features, I found that one custom script that I been using won't install - All because of the fact that their MySQL servers doesn't support InnODB.

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Opinionated asshat

+3,594
    I have to agree. I treat it as I would any hobby. I spent lots of money when I hunted. Spent even more when I took up fishing. Wife likes this one as it's much cheaper than either one of those. :ROFLMAO:

6. NuWebHosting.com

+26
    Good example, might not also have a good analytical tool, or allow cron jobs, along with many other limitation, i.e. no FTP, they all differ in what they offer. However if/when it comes time to move, then that opens a whole new can of worms and packaging and re-installing.

7. NuWebHosting.com

+26
    LOL then again, you could just get some bamboo and make a fishing rod and/or fishing Bow? But then again, when you finally get a chance to reel in that fish, or get that deer. The margin for error is much greater.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  8. Danielx64

Danielx64 Developer

+1,395
    They have cron jobs and FTP, just the database side lacking - That's all. I even have some SSH access too.

9. NuWebHosting.com

+26
    They are all different or the same in one way or the other with limitations or offerings. Rule of thumb, is invention the cause of necessity or is necessity the cause for invention? You don't know what you might need, or your needs might cause you to realize you need something else or simply change. Then again, why do people buy a car? Could simply ride a bike to work by peddling an extra 3 hours, or take public transportation? Some do, why? Cause they have to, not that they want to. While others do simply because it's practical for their objectives i.e. no parking or cost of gas. It's all proportional to the needs and wants.

10. Urjaszzz

Urjaszzz Neophyte

+0
    Interesting point, website creation is my hobby so this is a pretty nice option :)

11. NuWebHosting.com

+26
    I enjoy technology in general, absolutely love what I do.

12. Basketballfan!

Basketballfan! Aspirant

+0
    don't do 000webhost they will shut down your site if gains activity

13. Shamzblueworld

Shamzblueworld Participant

+9
    This item has been removed and is no longer available.

14. overcast

overcast Adherent

+70
    If I am not wrong, I think hostinger is the one that purchased the 000webhost right?

15. phucvandinh

phucvandinh Aspirant

+1
    :D My experience with hostinger is pretty bad, even I pay for it. I can't install XenForo on their hosting due to some restriction on PHP they have, They refuse to lift due to security.

16. Luuk

Luuk Aspirant

+3
    Hostinger is well known in my area, however I also wouldn't choose free hosting option. What I myself have tried near „free“ was a trial of linux at time4vps.com. Now I'm collaborating with the team for my windows hosting . Of course, not for free. Paid services are the most reliable and effective.

17. .Kyle

.Kyle Participant

+11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.