Hostinger

Shamzblueworld

Participant
Ever heard of this webhost? I got to know about it a couple of days ago and its been giving free hosting since 2004.
Have you guys have any experience or reviews about it?

ARG_aaf

Devotee
I would never consider using a free host. There are just too many limitations.

vash_aaf

Enthusiast
Free Hosting is never a solution for serious webmasters. Although, it might be a good start for those who just want to have a taste of owning a web site without spending much money.

I started my web site 2 years ago, and I have been serious about making it popular. No free hosting plan out there fits my need. So I have not tried this "hostinger". I have been with Hostgator for the last two years.

Shamzblueworld

Participant
Well I am just asking for reviews; I know whats the difference between free hosts and premium plans, I've used them all, but among the free ones, I am actually looking for some reliability; so let me know if you know any.
Thanks

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
There really isn't any... Once your site gets popular, any reliability you once had goes bye bye. You get exactly what you pay for when it comes to hosting. I pay $120 a month, I get a great dedicated server with great customer support.

GearZ

Enthusiast
+1. In all these years, actually decades, I can't remember a single free host that was worth anything. Some things that are free have value, but hosting isn't one of them.

Shamzblueworld

Participant
Thanks guys, now I'm pretty sure to not go that route ever. But in past I have done so and though the sites never got that populated, I never had any problem with any of the free hosts I've even been with, then again the reason would be that the sites never got to a position of worth anyway.

mikelouis

Aspirant
We all know the disaster of free webhosting and personally I would not use them. I have been disappointed on several occasions that I decided not to use them again. They always have strings attached.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Hosting is so cheap anymore there is no reason to use free hosting :) You can spend less that $100 a year for reliable basic hosting, focus on making money and then upgrade :)

chasedood_aaf

Aspirant
I have heard of Hostinger in the past. The only problem there is that it is a free web hosting company. I would never even consider using a free hosting site to put my forums because they are very unreliable, not many features and they are also very vulnerable and that is something that you do not need once you get your site flowing with traffic.

Shamzblueworld

Participant
Hostinger has a lot of free hosting websites, all with the same name but various country level tlds, I read that their .com.ph is the one with most clients, but they also have a .uk, .com and may have more too.
That's the reason I thought they could be a reliable unit as they have expanded their brand quite a bit and they've been giving free hosting for like 9 years or so, but the only downfall is that their reseller is also free, I mean they are getting reseller accounts for their hosting on all sites for free as well. And from that, even I could set up a free hosting company, and they also allow selling hosting from their free reseller, I know a lot of people have made some little money from it. But then, they're known for their downtime, thought they give unlimited bandwidth.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
Downtime though can be the sword that ends it all lol It can harm your ranking and drive people away.

AllanD

Habitué
Every host will have some downtime it going to happen to no matter what you do. The only thing is if it keeps happening over and over again I would complain and even move on.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
That is the problem with most free hosting services, the downtime is daily. I get monthly downtime reports sent to me - 98% uptime each month is what I am normally at and I am fine with that. If it fell below 95% each month, I wouldn't be as fine with it. A lot of free hosts are down half the time I look at websites using them, that isn't very good!

Shamzblueworld

Participant
But some free hosts do guarantee 99% uptime, and I actually have used one of them, the famous 000 and its quite reliable when it comes to uptime but lack a lot of new and advance features though, the thing with hostinger is, it is providing almost all of the latest technology and features and the uptime isn't that bad either, but I've not had enough of its experience, thats why I asked about it here, if maybe someone else had any experience.

Shawn G

Tazmanian Addict
I am not trying to doubt you but if these free hosting services are so good, why aren't everyone using them instead of paying hundreds of dollars each year for paid hosting?

See I look at free hosting like I look at these really cell phone plans like Straight Talk here in the states, if they were so good, everyone would be using them but that is not the reality!