Empire
hostgator-featured-logo.jpg
Empire
aimage.prntscr.com_image_4a7f2a1c2c2e4753b702664f8638b5a2.png
hostgator-featured-logo.jpg

Hostgator

Very cheap hosting provider
aimage.prntscr.com_image_4a7f2a1c2c2e4753b702664f8638b5a2.png hostgator-featured-logo.jpg
  1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Adherent

+127
    .txt files are less worrisome unless you have the server set to parse .txt files as .php files.

I would be more worried about script files. (eg. .php, .cgi, .py, etc.)

2. Drastic

Drastic Habitué

+633
    Upgrade to WordFence premium/pro is probably a good idea.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Adherent

+127
    Premium/pro versions of these applications may or may not be beneficial. It is always a matter of what conditions your site is/was/currently in and situation.

4. HoustonSEO

HoustonSEO Neophyte

+0
    I have been using host gator for over 10 years, many accounts and wesbites, I have never had a major issue and when I did the support team fixed it asap. I have also had some high traffic sites do well there.. I own a digital marketing agency here in Houston, and there all I have used for the last 10 years... Just my 2 cents

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,690
    HoustonSEO please click the 'write a review' button.

6. Jura

Jura Devotee

+234
    I was going to move at some earlier time but put it off since my forum is sorta on hiatus. I found my site was down from a Wordpress related email alert. It's still down a few days after.

Their support only has their low-tier people and I'm suppose to wait for an email for a higher tier person to email me. They literally have no support.

Had malware about a year ago and only way to clean it through support is to purchase SiteLock.

7. LeadCrow

LeadCrow Apocalypse Admin

+2,176
    Are you moving to or away from HG?
    From experience its service reliability significantly degraded since its heydeys. Many once stellar hosts seem to suffer a similar change after they become too popular.

8. Jason5

Jason5 Adherent

+47
    Try contacting them via twitter or raise a issue in WHT forum so that a representative from the forum will look into it.

9. Jura

Jura Devotee

+234
    Almost a week nothing from them.

I had them since 2007.

Edit: I found the cause and fixed it just now. Had to reset something really simple but it wasn't a change originally by me, so I would think support could have just pointed something out.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • List
  10. overcast

overcast Adherent

+52
    Ever since they got acquired by the EIG. I had bad experience from the hosting. I left their service after some time. I don't think I;d return back to hostgator ever and I don't recommend the friends either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.