Help with forum names.

I have been struggling to come up with inventive names for my forums.

Could you help?
The forums and categories I have at the moment are:

Important News And Information
Updates and News
FAQ's, Rules and Support

Members space

Doctor Who Universe
Series 6A
Discussion of everything else Who
Spoiler Zone
The Spin offs
Who media

The Lounge
Chill Out Room-
Game Room
The Creative Room
The boiler room.

I am just struggling to come up with anything interesting. Its about Doctor Who so any suggestions would be welcome!

Panupat

Habitué
D: The name being easy to understand is more important than being inventive/creative Rostaria.

Dr. Who is a TV series? I would try to use "Dr. Who" at least, not just "who" alone. It sounds weird.

I'm not sure what "member space" is and why it is in the news and updates?

What is series 6A? I google it and found some computer cases http://www.hec-group.com.tw/pccase/6a/
If you are discussing the recent episodes, you should call it "Recent Episodes"

Discussion of everything else Who - That's pretty long. How about "General Discussion" or "Everything Dr. Who" ?

I don't think you need a spoiler zone. Instead you should make strict rules about spoilers, encourage members to use spoiler tags and use "spoiler" thread prefix.

Creative room is for fan created contents?

What is boiler room?

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
D: The name being easy to understand is more important than being inventive/creative Rostaria.

Dr. Who is a TV series? I would try to use "Dr. Who" at least, not just "who" alone. It sounds weird.

I agree with this. It's great if anything you come up with that's fun or creative be associated with Dr. Who...but for now, as you are starting up alone, and want every strength possible, coming up with a domain that can match a google search is invaluable.

Dr Who in front of some word can help ^^

drwhodesk.com ... available

drwhoguides.com available

drwhohandbook.com ...available

drwholounge.com ... available

drwholibrary.com ...available

This next one's compliments of Schot... DrWhobooth.com ...available ^^

And...dom dom dom dom... drwhotardis.com ...available! (This is probably the best one for SEO, because you'll be having the word [ame="http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=tardis"]Tardis[/ame] peppered all over your site^^

tardis.jpg

I'm sure there's lot of possibilities. You're just trying to come up with something who's image does not detract from Dr. who, but at the same time aids with google searches^^

:)

gogo

Last edited:
My main rival has a generic name but, he is at the top of the list when you google Doctor Who forums. His forums are also generic.

Members Space=New Members Space
General Discussion doesn't feel right.

I have bought the domain for doctorwholounge, but I also have the domain for allthingswhovian. tbh I prefer ATW.

Mew

YUM YUM!
To me your domain sounds like something to do with Wicca o_O It's not a name I would asociate with Doctor Who at all. Your competitor is probably ranking highly because he is using a generic domain to do with Doctor Who. In a search engine googling Doctor Who I would most likely click on doctorwhofans.com than ATW because the second (your domain) does not look like a doctor who domain.

Panupat

Habitué
In that case, use New Member Introduction or something straight to the point.

To me your domain sounds like something to do with Wicca o_O It's not a name I would asociate with Doctor Who at all. Your competitor is probably ranking highly because he is using a generic domain to do with Doctor Who. In a search engine googling Doctor Who I would most likely click on doctorwhofans.com than ATW because the second (your domain) does not look like a doctor who domain.

Whovian is the term applied to Doctor Who fans.

Besides how problematic is going to be changing all of my host to that domain name and having to set it all again.

Mew

YUM YUM!
Only the hardcore fans know that, and even still I'd take it as a wiccan domain. New people to doctor who will probably not know that so who are they going to click on? That was my point ;)

Only the hardcore fans know that, and even still I'd take it as a wiccan domain. New people to doctor who will probably not know that so who are they going to click on? That was my point ;)

Actually the Wiccan assumption made me smile. As someone who has been a Wiccan since she was 13 years old I can assure you Whovian has nothing to do with Wicca or Paganism.

Mew

YUM YUM!
I know it doesn't :p It's just the first thing that came to mind when I saw your domain XD

I know it doesn't :p It's just the first thing that came to mind when I saw your domain XD

Actually you made me laugh so at least thats something. I am getting a bit frustrated with this forum though.

Panupat

Habitué
Just keep in mind that things will generally NOT going to be as you planned. We, webmasters, have to solve problems all the time :) It's good to be prepared mentally.