[HELP] What is "Language Processing"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gabriel, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Gabriel

Gabriel Carboyht

+0
    What is "language processing"? Please give me a detailed explanation and please use the spellcheck too. I'm sorry to impose on people, but i've no choice. I just want to know. Lol, i checked other places but not a definite answer.

2. PalePhoenix

PalePhoenix Prince of Dorkness

+29
    Please provide the context in which you found it.

It commonly refers to the human cognitive ability to recognize and interpret verbal data, automatic word-coding techniques in a computerized environment, or the capacity for said computers to recognize different coding languages in a facsimile of the human talent (ex: "This is Visual Basic. This is Java. This is Linux" etc.). Do not accept this as a final explanation. Please tell us what need to know.

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Carboyht

+0
    In a university site.

4. PalePhoenix

PalePhoenix Prince of Dorkness

+29
    Need more data. Academia of some sort was presumed. It's too hoity-toity a term to be found too many other places. Use it in a sentence, if all else fails, or at least direct us to a site where it is demonstrated/discussed, and someone here will be glad to make it more sensible.

5. hari

hari Tazmanian

+46
  6. Gabriel

Gabriel Carboyht

+0
    It's a school of computer and computer sciences.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.