Help me figure out 2 domain names, please?

Discussion in 'Domains and SSL Certificates' started by Erin Nicole, May 22, 2019.

1. Cool Idea!

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, just keep everything on FB.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Habitué

+273
    I hope this is allowed!

I would like some input. I’m restarting my blog. My blog is going to be on technology and doing reviews on it, posting the latest news, as well as the software (apps, operating system, etc.) and hardware. It is going to be similar like all of the tech channels on YouTube that are out there except (since it is a blog) more detailed and less focus on the camera (they all mostly focus on cameras, no one cares that much except them, I swear!). For this one I was thinking about going with dudethatserin.tech as I go by DudeThatsErin EVERYWHERE online (no joke, if you find a dudethatserin somewhere, that’s me) so it would be a cool name “Dude! That’s Erin’s Tech!” As well as a catchy domain name. What do you guys think?

I was also going to have a personal blog where I could vent, post blogs about my life, and whatever else doesn’t fit into the “tech” category of the first blog. I think I’m going to keep that at erinnicole.nu as I absolutely love the .nu extension. This one isn’t as important since it is a personal one. The one above and the one below are more important to me because they are more “professional” websites, if you want to call them that. This is just for fun.

The last domain name I need is for a forum I want to start. Since I don’t have the most money right now (and I’m tired of sinking $$$ into forums like I was the last time I was managing any websites, years ago) I was going to use MyBB or phpBB. This forum is going to be Military Families (spouses, sons, daughters, moms, dads, etc.) so that they can get their questions answered, get advice, rant, meet people, and not feel so alone in this because it is easy for one to feel that way, being one myself. I looked up online and I found some military forums but I wasn’t finding any that focused on the families specifically and the FB pages keep getting the same posts over and over because FB has a horrible search utility.

This forum is going to have the following sections (and will be the biggest forum I’ve ever owned):
    • FAQ/Knowledgebase (to eliminate duplicate posts)
    • News Section (for all 6 branches). This news section will have general news on all branches as well as quick links to every, reliable, place to get up-to-date news online (aka Fox, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, and any other, reliable, place like that, international included).
    • Separate sections for each base (in and outside of the USA): With each section, they will have their own news, FAQ/Knowledgebase, mods, and intro section and members can post questions for their specific bases.
    • Separate section for random chit chat (not about military) as well as a separate section for information/questions on moving, joining the military, and mental health support.
    I was thinking about doing militaryfamilies.club for this website but I know that the people I am targeting aren’t tech savvy so I wanted to make sure that this is an easy to find and use forum. So then I thought militaryfamilies.info because it is a more widely known domain name extension. What do you guys think?

I also added the poll because I’m interested to know what you guys think about my forum idea. TIA!

2. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+977
    "homefrontfamily"

Dot com preferably.

3. Erin Nicole

Erin Nicole Habitué

+273
    Dang I instantly loved that name but it is taken. X.X For some church. :(

Not sure what else I could use... Other extensions are available but I think I want/need .com/.org for that one and both are taken here.

4. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh Ultimate Badass

+977
    Try,
    Code:
    thehomefrontfamily.com
    Or,
    Code:
    yourhomefrontfamily.com

5. cornnfedd

cornnfedd Captain Futurama

+206
    I think a .com is certainly a preferred option in pretty much all cases, then a .net then a .org, unless its country code specific the others make it a bit more confusing to be honest.

6. Exa-Kent

Exa-Kent Aspirant

+2
    Try techfamily.com

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.