Have you guys tried Reddit ?

Looking at Reddit hurts my eyes- it's very visually unappealing- to the extent that I can't really stand it. I've found useful information on there a few times, but it's nothing any other website and Google can't solve.

gogoblender

shiny happy pantless
As some of the others have posted, I find it difficult to follow, guess because I don't really actively follow the forums. but subreddits show up on my android as part of my news feed, so unbeknownst to me, I've found myself slowly getting into reddit, and have found the breadth of conversations there fascinating.
Wasn't it somewhere in these forums that someone found/ mentioned that reddit was made by just a few people in the old days with loads of faker posters and posts?

Food for thought?

:D

gogo

GTB

Tazmanian
I don't really understand how Reddit works myself either. I added a button to submit topics into reddit and picked what they call sub reddits that suited general discussion for them to go into. But they seem quite keen about spamming reddit with topics from sites. Think you have to build up a trusted rep on the site first before they allow you to just start submitting stuff to it.

Last edited:

stevencon

Neophyte
I have tried Reddit before, but I ain't getting some following and upvotes for the content that I'm sharing. Maybe I am not doing my homework by simply getting to know what the Reddit users want to see. The traffic is targeted for sure, so maybe it's time for me to try this again.

cheat_master30

Fanatic
I get upvotes. But you need to consider one thing:

You're then to help the community, not yourself. Think of it like a forum. You post about things you like, comment on things you find interesting, then occasionally post one of your own articles for discussion. The problem others make is that they basically repeatedly post their own content without contributing in any other way. Why would anyone care about you and your site if you're like that?

Vicehood

Neophyte
Ten years from now I would love for my site to be like a mini reddit! Are there any forum owners that would be interested in trading posts? You post on my forum/I post on your forum?

PM me if interested. Or email me admin@vicehood.com

Thank You

cwvps

Aspirant
I checked it out about a month ago and really didn't like it. I've spent almost an hour looking around and found it really hard to find my way through. And it really looks... well. let's just say I didn't like it.

RebelJewel

Neophyte
I like reading through reddit every now and then, it can be really funny and informative

davemacc

Fan
I've never been able to get into reddit or its clones at all.
I cant quite put my finger on it but the place doesn't appeal to me at all.

I think that it may have to do with the group think that the up/down voting system brings with it.
I know forums can suffer with this as well but the chronological format of the threading system means that at least the threads don't get buried because people disagree with them.

Flower

Aspirant
I've been trying out Reddit lately. There's a few subreddit here and there with good communities but on the whole the website seems to be mostly hit or miss.

12BETAly

Aspirant
I do, reddit is good source of entertainment and it also work as a social bookmarking site. Its a good website to interact with the different types of people and participate in a trendy topic.

m0ldy

Participant
I use reddit almost daily. From the responses I see here, I think you guys are under rating it. Reddit is a HUGE website with subreddits for thousands of different niche categories that have the exact same subject of many of your forums. I have personally watched random websites on the internet BLOW UP and go viral instantly from reddit. Just make sure you read the rules of the subbreddits your on before you go advertising your website. Reddit is a great marketing tool, if used correctly. I haven't started using it yet because I haven't built enough content on my forum, but it's definitely part of my marketing strategy.

Drastic

Habitué
I do, reddit is good source of entertainment and it also work as a social bookmarking site. Its a good website to interact with the different types of people and participate in a trendy topic.

what the hell was the point of bringing back this year old thread?