Have Mike and Kier checked out of Xenforo?

Discussion in 'XenForo' started by BigIG, Nov 26, 2019.

1. BigIG

BigIG Aspirant

+10
    Kier and Mike haven't been on the site in about three weeks. Prior to that Mike hadn't posted since March? Kier posts in a bit of a flurry every 3-6 weeks it seems?

Or have I missed some news about ownership of the company? Or am I reading their profiles wrong?

Brogan and ChrisD seem to be minding the shop, with other moderators sporadically showing up. The forums seem to be in an ebb rather than a flow.

Support tickets do get dealt with though, even if we sometimes need to prod to get full answers.

• Also Wondering! Also Wondering! x 2
    • List
  2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Administrator

+5,486

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. KimmiKat

KimmiKat Adherent

+124
    Maybe they're plotting the takeover of the planet! :D

4. Craigles700

Craigles700 Enthusiast

+76
    They went back to vBulletin

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Joeychgo

Joeychgo TAZ Administrator

+3,458
    just because you haven't seen them or they haven't posted means nothing. They are often on the site without being logged in and/or logged in without displaying their status...

6. BigIG

BigIG Aspirant

+10
    All good - we just noticed it the other day. They used to be active, creating video guides etc but I hadn't seen them on very often recently.

7. BigIG

BigIG Aspirant

+10
    Does the thread deserve to be featured The Sandman ? :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. sbjsbj

sbjsbj Fan

+326
    Kier is not publicly active for at least 6 years now and Mike is on his 3rd year, if I am not mistaken.

My definition of publicly active = at least 7 posts a week in average.

9. BigIG

BigIG Aspirant

+10
    Shows how active I must be on the Xf forum if I didn't notice until now :)

10. sbjsbj

sbjsbj Fan

+326
    Well, the video guides you mentioned were a thing in 2010. That level of activity never happened again nor someone else created video guides ever again.
    :)

11. BigIG

BigIG Aspirant

+10
    Brogan also seemed to give up doing his Bro-Guides after a while.

The customer service content and community building activities seem to have been abandoned, which is ironic.

12. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+209
    It looks like we have a mystery on our hands.

[​IMG]

13. vij

vij Enthusiast

+28
    When people who developed the top forum software, even with financial interests involved, can't get themselves to be engaged in their own forum - it is proof that forums are dying :p

14. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,806
    :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+209
    This is almost becoming a meme of sorts lol

16. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Administrator

+2,127
    Let me put it in another way, I rather have that Kier, Mike and Chris develop Xenforo then them posting when not needed. On the other hand i do miss Kiers video’s explaining, Mike is not bad but I rather have Kier his voice is better.

17. The Sandman

The Sandman Administrator

+5,517
    Well, it does seem to create discussion, so yes. :)

I wouldn't worry about Kier or Mike unless you see that XenForo is being renamed to ChrisForo. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook IPS Developer

+676
    "Oh that's very twisty."

Underrated movie.

19. Taylor J

Taylor J Fan

+73
    Im still slowly working my way towards a new forum project but I've been stuck on choosing XF or IPB for months. The few have you seens (more like none) that have come out for the new version have been putting me off of XF but it's still such a nice simple forum software compared to IPB.

Then again I've always been an IPB fan boy (as you can tell I still haven't gotten around to calling it IPS) and it was my favorite forum script to make themes for and also offers a lot more. I'm really liking the new acp look, just wish it had a dark mode.

I'm still probably not going to have anything running for another few months so hopefully by then there will be more happenings with XF 2.2 being announced and shown off to help me make up my mind.

I actually loved that movie, it's one of the few ones I enjoy watching over and over again or just having play in the background while I do other things.

20. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer

+1,806
    XF 2.2 is in development so there will indeed be some things to show when we're closer to beta.

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.