For months now I have been following a channel called Lore Reloaded on YouTube. 90% of the videos are about Star Trek and the other 10% various other sci-fi series. He had over 20,000 subscribers and probably over a hundred videos, many which took hours to edit as they were completely polished. Topics of the videos were things like "What if the Dominion had won the war?" and "The Borg vs. the Dominion." He'd also do hour+ long live streams where he would answer questions by fans and we'd all generally debate about Trek and other Sci-Fi stuff. The channel wasn't about politics and he never let political discussion go far before shutting it down. The day of the YouTube shooting he put up an impromptu video offering sympathy for those hurt and strongly condemning the action (despite it being known he too was sometimes affected by seemingly random YouTube policies over prior months.) He did get videos demonetized by CBS because of their incredibly aggressive content checking bots but even when he'd dispute the claims (short clips for review purposes clearly fall under fair use) he'd be told CBS reviewed the clip (sure they did) and still maintains their claim so his only choice is to let CBS monetize his videos (which he did) or sue CBS. He was apparently making decent money from Patreon, super chats during his live shows, and non-demonetized videos that he was making close to an average annual salary in his area of the USA, enough to let it be his main (only?) job at this point in his life. In fact his channel and his friend's channel (Anti-Trekker) were the only two channels I supported via Patreon and had anyone told me 6 months ago I'd become such fans of two YouTube channels that I'd actually pay them despite having zero obligation to I'd have laughed before dismissing the idea as stupid. But I digress. Without warning yesterday, while I was actually watching his final video, YouTube decided to terminate his account. Typical of youtube the channel has a vague message of possible reasons should you try to go to it: https://www.youtube.com/lorereloaded So note, this message doesn't mention copyright violations and I've seen channels with messages they were terminated for multiple copyright violations so we have to assume CBS isn't behind the termination of his channel, and really, why would they be? They were making tens of thousands in ad revenue by his estimate for free. Unfortunately under no circumstances do any of the others even remotely apply to the channel I grew to love over the last few months. No spam, no scams and the only deceptive or misleading statement was his insistence Star Trek Discovery wasn't "all bad." As the channel owner he got the following message, also with zero answers: The man, clearly in shock, posted this video to Twitter. He was holding it together better than I would be, putting his hope in the "Appeal" system that this was some kind of terrible mistake. The appeal could take "up to 4 weeks" he was tol. And then just two hours late this: Appeal denied - termination permanent. How did we get here? Anti-Trekker put up a video... Anti-Treker (another mostly Trek channel despite his name) is Lore Reloaded's good friend and has a smaller channel but is willing to get much more political than Lore does and he has far more issues with copyright strikes, demonetization, and even less than fruitful exchanges with YouTube support for content creators. On top of it he has a mildly offensive avatar. Had his channel been terminated I would have still be upset but I would have had less questions as to why. Anti-Treker's video on the absurdity of it all. Lore Reloaded would never do it but I can certainly understand how people can be pushed to their breaking point by YouTube's refusal to give a reason for any action they take. I really don't know what I'd do if I was in Lore's place. Has anyone else seen more YouTube channels terminated recently? Was he just super unlucky? As a YouTube user I feel harmed by this too. I've had hundreds of comments effectively deleted, each one representing time I took to post expecting they would be around in some form for a long time to come, possibly forever. More so than say a forum comment which much as I love forums I don't think many will exist forever. YouTube might, or at least, I thought they would have until recently. Sorry for the rant.