Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noles, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    I don't think I've ever been so excited for a game! I've been a WoW player for about 6 years total off and on and have a few top level characters. I stopped playing for good a year ago and haven't really been buying or playing any games other than Halo.

I tried the first Guild Wars but didn't really like it and just preferred WoW to it, so I didn't bother with it. However, Guild Wars 2, from literally every video and review I've seen, has nothing but positive things to say about it and it's extreme innovation.

The first video I saw that peaked my interest was the comparison to WoW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgz4wa9VN6k

Then 20 reasons to buy Guild Wars 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3uMlHSbPSY

There's tons more out there about the game and it's still in beta! I went ahead and pre-purchased the game and am going to be taking part in the beta weekend which most people will be allowed in to. I can't wait... :)

Lasted edited by : Oct 7, 2014
  2. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than You

+136
    I share your excitement. Been away from MMORPGs for quite some time. No appeal to me. However, GW2 may be the title that draws me back to the genre. I've been receiving updates from the folks running my Guild Wars 2 portal. Sounds pretty amazing.

3. gogoblender

gogoblender shiny happy pantless

+410
    My Clan's been hot for this game since it was first announced, and we're all driving into the beta this weekend! Noles, u got clan or friends to play with?

:)

gogo

4. TDB

TDB Aspirant

+2
    I. Can't. Wait.

5. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    Absolutely! :) Most people in my community play SWTOR but a few are going to be in the beta and I'm sure once the game comes out nearly everyone will get it since it's only $60 unlike 90% of other MMO's.

6. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    Is it also better than Tera?

7. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than You

+136
    Don't have an answer, but I can offer that their respective game engines were developed around the same time. TERA uses Unreal Engine 3, first released in 2006. GW2 uses a heavily modified version of AreaNet's in-house engine, which was first released in 2005.

8. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    The PVP and exp sound better than Tera. And if you can use dual guns and look like Vash the Stampede I would love Guild Wars 2 a lot ;p

9. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    Even if the game looked bad, which it clearly doesn't, games for me are about quality of gameplay not quality of graphics. I turn down my graphic settings anyway because I like to have the best possible gameplay (and my iMac can only handle so much).

[​IMG]

10. Taylor

Taylor Sexier Than You

+136
    Likewise, but I think that the engine has a lot to do with the feel of the game, not just the graphics.

11. 01Aaron

01Aaron Aspirant

+1
    Guild Wars is really a good game. :)

12. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Devotee

+185
    I am done with mmorpgs if your not careful they will suck the life out of you.

13. gogoblender

+410
    I hear you. It's the main reason why I still have never subscribed to an online game yet. I know it's not much of a difference than buying, but for me, it feels like I'm not having some vampire taking out my life force every month.

This has been one of the biggest draws for me regarding Guild Wars... no monthly, just additions...yeah it may work out to the same thing...just feels different but good for me.

gogo

14. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    How was the beta everyone?

15. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    Still got Sunday but I've enjoyed it a lot! :unhunh:

16. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    :) Good

17. Noles

Noles paypal+

+74
    Of course... my Windows 7 has stopped working and I have to literally reinstall the operating system from scratch. Which means I've got to download the client again which will take at least 10 hours. I'm pissed. :(

18. gogoblender

+410
    Just got off of beta with my clan, played a few hours... my eyes are red and bulgy but I'm so happy.

It's a good game

gogo

19. Katana00

Katana00 Participant

+0
    Better than Tera? :p

20. gogoblender

+410
    Never played Tera