Got my second cease and desist letter today

Discussion in 'Site Security & Legal Issues' started by fixer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,063
    This one from.... Facebook Inc.

haha my first such letter on this community but I've had one years ago on another board.

• Informative! Informative! x 1
    • List
  2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Administrator

+2,679
    Care to elaborate what this is about?

3. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,063
    my site is full of people who can get things done. my names not fixer because i repair things. ;)

One of my members got in trouble on facebook, got banned , he found out what facebook employee banned him and "reached out" to him for reinstatement ... so they reinstalled him.

he should of stopped there but he didn't he began to post private information about facebook staff on his profile... must have been legit eh?

really pissed off some suits, Ive since deleted the content and all is well same as last time.

my first run in was a member posted a story about a guy that used a bunch of duct tape to fix a crashed plane and flew it home, the family contacted me and I had to take the thread down... got a big packet of papers in the mail with screen shots etc

4. overcast

overcast Enthusiast

+44
    This looks serious. Are they asking you to take entire forum down or just the content in question?

5. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,063
    just the content

6. phatcows

phatcows Enthusiast

+138
    We've had a stack of C&D letters over the years. All over content, and all complied with of course.
    Having a closed forum doesn't necessarily mean you can get away with everything ;)

7. MagicalAzareal

MagicalAzareal Magical Developer

+146
    Oh wow, some people are pretty crazy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.