Got Me A Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fixer, Aug 2, 2017.

1. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,256
    TN/North Carolina border.
    https://tailofthedragon.com/

Some trailer their bikes down depending on distance.
    We rode about 300 miles each way + the riding while there.

2. H-DB

H-DB Enthusiast

+88
    I have never had the pleasure of riding the Dragon. I hear it is a must ride. Retirement is just around the corner so maybe soon.

I just got back from a 5 day ride in southern Utah on a 25 year old HD (the old Girl did fine). I took a 100 plus pictures and did some GoPro videos. If anyone is interested after I finish processing the videos I will share a link.

3. haqzore

haqzore Devotee

+1,256
    This probably sounds super dramatic, but I seriously felt like my prior 15 years of riding experience was all a build up to the Dragon.
    Seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'm a motorcycle nerd, though.

I'm sure a big part of it was the guys I went with.
    All very talented riders, and we really pushed each other.
    I've never ridden so hard in my life. It was a non-stop mental & physical workout.

Each day, when we stopped for lunch or whatever, it felt like being in the hospital & recovering. Then back at it!

4. H-DB

H-DB Enthusiast

+88
    I completely understand. I have been riding motorcycles of all types and brands for 49 years. I consider myself a motorcycle geek or maybe a “nerd” as you said. Put me in a room full of riders and I am in my most happy place.

5. fixer

fixer I'm In My Prime

+1,183
    we ride sr 555 its local to us

if you google best motorcycle rides its usually on the list

not for rookies

6. HotRodCarts

HotRodCarts Aspirant

+24
    Nice motorcycles. I've had quite a few over the years. Here's the two I own now.

2003-HD-lowrider-001.jpg

2008 Harley FXDC-003.jpg

I didn't ride to much this year. :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.