Got Me A Motorcycle

Shimei

Fan
Just took my last ride on my Yamaha 2015 Yamaha Vmax. Just put the bike on consignment at Yamaha Motorsports of Olympia Washington (360) 438-2997

This bike has a fat tire, lowered two inches, power commander, K&N filter, Airbox mod, quick shifter, kill switch, Vance and Hines exhaust, Corbin seat and tons of Carbon Fiber. Call the dealer for the asking price. The bike can be delivered to you. The bike has approximately 2500 miles on it. The bike is being stored in the back until the title comes in. Bike was just payed off.

This bike is extremely powerful producing enough horsepower to shred the rear fat tire for a couple of city blocks. Estimated horsepower is in excess of 225hp. With a reflashed ECU to disable the stock governor which limits the top end speed for the sake of Insurance companies it can run low 9s in the 1/4 mile at 150+mph.

If you don't know about the Yamaha Vmax it was created for bragging rights by Yamaha. It is in a class of its own being the Hot Rod quarter mile king.

2015 Yamaha Vmax.jpg

Here are the kinds of official or advertisements Yamaha produces for the Vmax:

My confidence is at an all time high and i know I'm going to exceed my driving ability soon.

Everyone falls eventually so don't try to beat yourself up too badly when it does happen. I've been riding all my life although mostly on four wheels but I know my way around two pretty well. I managed to bend the rear axle of a 250 Mojave like a bendy straw doing 40-50mph in a corner. Met a pine tree because I took the corner too wide without time to correct. Bent the footpeg into the rear wheel and threw me off when it spun around. My head bounced off the ground four times that I can remember. Still don't know how I managed to walk away from that one.

Fixed it and within a year I managed to do something similar on another trail on our farm. Whacked my head against a tree that time on my way towards the ground. Got back up on the horse a few days later and had to back out of the gas when I shifted into fourth gear because my vision blacked over. Slurred my speech for a good 3 months after that one. Cracked my skull open and had fluid under my scalp for a few days. Didn't go the the hospital like an idiot and the doctor I saw a week later (after telling my parents about it) was surprised I was alive. Recovered from it and got back on the horse again. Wrecked a third time and manage to put my ATV about 8 feet up in a tree (took a corner too fast on a large hill, forgot where I was on the trail and was in a hurry). My Dad still tells stories about that one. He had to help me get it out of the tree and do the repairs.

All those combined led to some major medical problems. It's almost 20 years later and I still have problems like:
-Being unable to sleep without massive doses of xanax/alcohol/similar drugs. I no longer take them so I'm often up for 3 days at a time
-My back is pretty thrashed from all those years of it being used to absorb the punishment. Same thing goes for my knees
-Eyesight never recovered from the second concussion and I'm basically blind at night, often see spots/black dots that aren't there. It's like being on LSD 24/7
-My right thumb is nearly twice the size of the left one because I used thumb throttles so much during my childhood

There are more but I'll spare you the details. I still love riding though. I really like that dual-sport you got. I'm thinking about buying one but I'm torn between the Honda you have and a Suzuki DR. I have a DR125 at the moment but it isn't running and I know it isn't going to work for what I want a bike for. It's fine for putting around the farm but I'd never want to take it onto the road.

Anyway stay safe out there. My Dad taught me and he and I are pretty even skill wise. He did motocross for several years and is one of the best I've ever seen outside of the big time pros. I figure if I'm as good/little better than him there wasn't much more skill to acquire. At some point going through turns and obstacles faster than your current pace becomes less about finding more speed and more about not using good judgement. I know I can out ride all of my peers and would never go 100% around them just to keep them safe. I was always worried they'd hurt themselves attempting to keep up with us. I really wish we had GoPros back in the 90s man I would have been able to retire at age 14 off youtube money alone.

haqzore

Devotee
Did a "Tail of the Dragon" / Deals Gap / "Devils Triangle" trip recently with 11 other guys (12 total).
This is an area attracting motorcycles & cars nationally (& world-wide) with multiple professional photography companies posted along certain routes.

fixer - you need to go when your confidence & skill are there.
2 of our guys (experienced) wrecked on the Tail & trailered their bikes home (no injuries). Saw 4 other moto wrecks in the 2 days we rode that area.
These roads will give you everything you can handle and far more.

Did 1400ish miles in 4 days. ~600 of those were very high intensity, high focus cornering miles. Very physically exhausting. The hardest I've pushed this bike since I've had it by far. She handled it perfectly.

Anyone else been? Have pics?
H-DB Tracy Perry Shimei

2682476.jpg
'12330986-129Slayer.jpg

Last edited:

H-DB

Enthusiast
Anyone else been? Have pics?
H-DB Tracy Perry Shimei
I have never had the pleasure of riding the Dragon. I hear it is a must ride. Retirement is just around the corner so maybe soon.

I just got back from a 5 day ride in southern Utah on a 25 year old HD (the old Girl did fine). I took a 100 plus pictures and did some GoPro videos. If anyone is interested after I finish processing the videos I will share a link.

haqzore

Devotee
I have never had the pleasure of riding the Dragon. I hear it is a must ride. Retirement is just around the corner so maybe soon.

I just got back from a 5 day ride in southern Utah on a 25 year old HD (the old Girl did fine). I took a 100 plus pictures and did some GoPro videos. If anyone is interested after I finish processing the videos I will share a link.
This probably sounds super dramatic, but I seriously felt like my prior 15 years of riding experience was all a build up to the Dragon.
Seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'm a motorcycle nerd, though.

I'm sure a big part of it was the guys I went with.
All very talented riders, and we really pushed each other.
I've never ridden so hard in my life. It was a non-stop mental & physical workout.

Each day, when we stopped for lunch or whatever, it felt like being in the hospital & recovering. Then back at it!

H-DB

Enthusiast
This probably sounds super dramatic, but I seriously felt like my prior 15 years of riding experience was all a build up to the Dragon.
Seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life. I'm a motorcycle nerd, though.
I completely understand. I have been riding motorcycles of all types and brands for 49 years. I consider myself a motorcycle geek or maybe a “nerd” as you said. Put me in a room full of riders and I am in my most happy place.

fixer

I'm In My Prime
we ride sr 555 its local to us

if you google best motorcycle rides its usually on the list

not for rookies

HotRodCarts

Aspirant
Nice motorcycles. I've had quite a few over the years. Here's the two I own now.

2003-HD-lowrider-001.jpg

2008 Harley FXDC-003.jpg

I didn't ride to much this year. :(