Google or Facebook to buy Twitter?

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
What do you guys think about this? Apparently Twitter is in small talks with Google and Facebook about a possible buy out - at least the web is buzzing about this.

http://www.seroundtable.com/is-a-twitter-buyout-by-google-or-facebook-likely-12947.html

According to several sources Twitter is in early talks with Google and Facebook about a potential buyout. The talks are very early at this point and haven't gotten serious. It looks more like Twitter is currently exploring its options and gauging interest from these big companies. The company is reportly estimated to be valued at $10bn, up considerably from last years valuation of $3.7bn. With such a valuation many are wondering if Google or Facebook would really pay that for a company when it's still making a loss.
What do you guys think about this? Should Twitter sell?

Gohan

Aspirant
if twitter is making a loss yes it makes sense. i can see google using twitter well, not so sure about facebook though.

Iconic

Tazralian
I don't know what would happen if Facebook bought it, but if Google were to buy it, I think they could do a few good things to it. I don't think Twitter should sell unless something were to happen, like not making a profit, basically at a loss.

Liam

Developer
I think Google should buy Twitter, so that I don't have to see that whale again, since they can afford the best server money can buy. :p No comments if Facebook were to buy it though.

MrPolarZero

Aspirant
I second the motion! I am more positive of Google buying Twitter. Kindly keep us updated on this buzz. Thanks! :)

JDK1970

Aspirant
Not a good idea

I don't know what the latest is on this, but it seems like a bad idea from a consumer's perspective? Do we need Google owning nearly all the Internet's traffic?

cpvr

Tazmanian Master
I don't know what the latest is on this, but it seems like a bad idea from a consumer's perspective? Do we need Google owning nearly all the Internet's traffic?

Well, it doesn't. Facebook has a ton of more content than Google does, so what do you mean?

tbofram

That cool member
I think Facebook just wants it so they can shut them down and bring more traffic to facebook.com

Eds

The Slave Driver
I think Facebook just wants it so they can shut them down and bring more traffic to facebook.com

You really reckon they'd shed out hundreds of billions of dollars just to shut it down? Nah.

tbofram

That cool member
Well it sounds stupid but try would make the money back easy. But they might just make twitter less of a rival to facebook

Preemo

Fan
I highly doubt Facebook would go to the lengths of spending billions just to cancel out a rival. I mean if I had enough money I'd do it, but that's probably why Facebook are running a site with millions of users and I'm running one with about 30 lol

Eds

The Slave Driver
Orrr, they'd just take the money from Twitter. Who cares if it's a rival to Facebook if they're getting money from both? I'm sure it'd be beneficial to seperate the two slightly, but that could potentially be detrimental in terms of number of users.

Judge Dredd

Old Guy
I think Facebook should buy Twitter. Google is not a very good social networking company. Do they even have a big social networking product? Whereas Facebook has experience in this field.

Eds

The Slave Driver
To be honest, all this is irrelevant anyway. Twitter have said they're not selling. They want to stay as a Private Limited Company.

NickJ

Adherent
God no! Google bought Youtube and it blows now! I don't even visit youtube hardly anymore! It's not as fun as it used to be.